Windows 10 privacy issues

Ginka

Before you try the edits...please backup your install with Clonezilla or the native options. If something goes wrong...believe me you will be very frustrated.

But anyways, yea, I hate being spied on. That's why I'm sticking with 7 (it isn't as bad).

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Don't give a shit. Just disabled p2p updates on my laptop because wi-fi uploading really could kill the speed. Will leave them on on my main pc.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I found this earlier today and am a bit worried.

http://i.imgur.com/9DoVoix.jpg

What do you guys think about it ?

My thoughts: By the time you disable all of W10's BS, you essentially end up with Windows 7, so I'll just save the time and not even mess with Windows 10(although I will install it on my test machine, just to give it a try). I'm converting to Linux for the long run though, been using it as my primary for 2 days now and man, Windows/Microsoft is so far behind.

Edit: Pic cause why not:

V7S5npW.png

I've stopped caring a long time ago. Unless your entire family was born under a rock in kenya, someone can and will find you if they cared enough to look.

Linus once unboxed a Toblerone

I've stopped caring a long time ago. Unless your entire family was born under a rock in kenya, someone can and will find you if they cared enough to look.

exactly, there is no reason to be all privacy freak since i doubt you are even doing anything interesting enough to spy on in the first place. What is everyone afraid of, that they get an ad with underwear they were browsing all day yesterday?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Doesn't switching to a local account stop all of this then?

Can anyone here back you on this ?

if not I'll go back to win 7

even if most of the ''features'' can be disabled, I really don't like thay way of doing things

It is by not taking care that you allow them to do that

It is by not taking care that you allow them to do that

do what? adjust their content to better suit you?

Spoiler

Wow not caring is such a good attitude to have about losing your privacy people, the fuck is wrong with all of you.

Even if it's inevitable, you're weird if you don't value your privacy.

Don't forget your tin foil hats guys!  :rolleyes:

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

do what? adjust their content to better suit you?

You are telling me that you are ''ok'' to let them be able to see all your personal infos for the only benefit of getting better ads during your internet activity ? 

I really don't like the : nothing to hide so nothing to fear

Can you tell me, what can be good for you by letting them be able to see your emails ?

I am not a privacy freak, I just find it too much this time

Most of it can be disabled, some of it was only relevant to the technical preview and whats left doesn't matter IMO. The data they collect is there to improve their software, if you don't like it opt out when you install it.

You are telling me that you are ''ok'' to let them be able to see all your personal infos for the only benefit of getting better ads during your internet activity ? 

I really don't like the : nothing to hide so nothing to fear

Can you tell me, what can be good for you by letting them be able to see your emails ?

I am not a privacy freak, I just find it too much this time

they can see your emails anyway, they can listen to your calls anyway, they can read your messages anyway. The thing is no one cares about your personal emails or calls and if they start caring you won't stop them. If you don't trust microsoft then don't use any version of windows, you don't know what kind of backdoors they have in there.

Spoiler

Doesn't switching to a local account stop all of this then?

Local account will stop some, but not all...  

English is not my maternal language, so don't mind my mistakes... 

they can see your emails anyway, they can listen to your calls anyway, they can read your messages anyway. The thing is no one cares about your personal emails or calls and if they start caring you won't stop them. If you don't trust microsoft then don't use any version of windows, you don't know what kind of backdoors they have in there.

The thing is no one cares about your personal emails or calls : Do you really think that the problem is here ? The problem is that we allow them to have that much control over us.

How much privacy are you willing to sell to get a better service ?

Oh and I wan't you to know that I am writting this very cordially :) I just wanna discuss about this peacefully ^^

How much privacy are you willing to sell to get a better service ?

A lot. I don't have anything to hide.

Spoiler

After looking at these pictures that the OP posted, there's couple of things i have to say.

1) why do you want to disable Windows Defender real time protection? The fact, that Microsoft state " WE will turn it back on automatically" is because Microsoft care about your protections and securities rather than let virus and malware get onto your system. The real time protection does not collect your informations but rather Microsoft give you the informations about bad files that contains malware,virus.rootkit,trojan, or even botnet so Windows Defender can stop it immediately if it try to deploy its harmful actions on your PC. If your want your PC to be vulnerable by these type of threats fine by me. 

2) Why turn off automatic Windows update? I like this feature because all i have to set it automatic update and bam i'm done, no need to check it again because it'll automatically download and install updates for you then notify when you want your PC to restart.  

3) Microsoft already have your privacy at the beginning, so no need to hide. You can't even hide your privacy against your bank, online shopping, your local police, or Nasa. 

After looking at these pictures that the OP posted, there's couple of things i have to say.

1) why do you want to disable Windows Defender real time protection? ...

2) Why turn off automatic Windows update? ... 

3) Microsoft already have your privacy ...

1- Why not? Maybe I have better protection and don't need that "defender"...

2- Turn off updates- not exactly... But I want to choose what to install, when to download updates and WHEN to be installed on my pc... 

3- My privacy is MY decision and believe me (or not- I don't care) Microsoft, Google, banks and others has very little info about me and I DON'T WANT TO SHARE anything else. 

English is not my maternal language, so don't mind my mistakes... 

This isn't about us.

This is about your friend/family member who asks you to make their PC "go fast" again. The one who's computer has no protection what so ever and who is still running a day one version of XP which is buggy as hell and rampant with malware. It's about the users that are drifting away from desktop PC's and toward tablets and mobile that adapt to their frequent usage. It's about those "Mac" people (shiver). 

People who don't want their data looked at will find a way to do that (disable everything, run tor, don't use one drive/ anything Microsoft ... and hide inside Linux)

This isn't about you... or me

P.S. I don't care too much about my privacy but I understand those who do.

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman