Clean Install vs Upgrade: Windows 10

Go to solution Solved by JerkyMcDilerino,

So from browsing around, i see that this forum loves to "Clean Install" Windows 10, after upgrading it.

My Questions are:

what are the advantages/disadvantages of doing so?

and is it worth the time?

and How would I achieve such thing? do I need to make a bootable usb drive with the window 10 on it just like other versions of windows (7 and 8.1)? I'm assuming I will just use the same product key for my windows 8.1

thanks in advance

1)Upgrade

A) Advantage(s): Easier because it should taking care of setup automatically 

B) Disadvantage(s): Broken programs, Old files stay such as junk files that you don't need really need , Viruses stay( if you have some), More could go wrong or break such as startup malfunction, antivirus missing, desktop icons screw up.

2)Clean install

A) Advantage(s): Everything brand new, better performance because nothing getting in the way or use up system resources its just the OS itself, 

B) Disadvantage(s): Technical knowledges such as you don't know what partitation is or how they work or some stuff about that Windows setup installation might ask, YOU HAVE TO REINSTALL EVERYTHING AND RECONFIGURE EVERYTHING. 

So from browsing around, i see that this forum loves to "Clean Install" Windows 10, after upgrading it.

My Questions are:

and How would I achieve such thing? do I need to make a bootable usb drive with the window 10 on it just like other versions of windows (7 and 8.1)? I'm assuming I will just use the same product key for my windows 8.1

thanks in advance

Check the link in my signature.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

My Questions are:

thanks in advance

1)Upgrade

A) Advantage(s): Easier because it should taking care of setup automatically 

B) Disadvantage(s): Broken programs, Old files stay such as junk files that you don't need really need , Viruses stay( if you have some), More could go wrong or break such as startup malfunction, antivirus missing, desktop icons screw up.

2)Clean install

A) Advantage(s): Everything brand new, better performance because nothing getting in the way or use up system resources its just the OS itself, 

B) Disadvantage(s): Technical knowledges such as you don't know what partitation is or how they work or some stuff about that Windows setup installation might ask, YOU HAVE TO REINSTALL EVERYTHING AND RECONFIGURE EVERYTHING. 

My experience with the W10 upgrade hasn't been too bad but it does have the normal downsides of having a few extra glitches and not cleaning out all the crap you accumulate over time, I've upgraded with the intent of clean installing when I have time (have done the clean install on my laptop but not desktop yet).

You cant use your windows 8 key during the installation process IDK if there's a way of upgrading it post install but if you do the upgrade it will allocate a W10 key to your account then when you do the clean install you can skip the key entry and by logging in with your account it will recognise the computer and automatically activate.

Would you recommend a clean install of Windows 10 for a PC that was only built a month ago, with Windows 7 64-bit, and the only software installed are some Adobe products and a few games?

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer