Gaming on Intel HD 4000

Will It Play

Many people don't know that Intel HD 4000 is capable of playing lots of games. Even tho they might not look as good, or not play at 60fps, they're playable :D

I can't say for sure this is the right place to post this topic, but I run a small youtube channel called Will It Play | Intel HD 4000 testing various games on Intel HD 4000. Here are some of the videos I have made

What do you guys think? :P

I think it is great you did this. A lot of people game on iGPU and can't afford (yet in some cases) to get a decent GPU. The videos will give them an insight on what they can play, so thanks for sharing your experiences with everyone!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I'm... surprised it actually loaded most of these games

Just do not try Space Engineers on HD 4000 :) 
14ish FPS, DX11, (with with DX9) lowest, on a empty world...  albeit on my grandma's 2.6Ghz Haswell i3 touchscreen Lenovo thing. 

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

This is self advertisement?

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

My laptop has hd 4000, it can play many games. Almost every game I want to play. But it does have a pentium dual core, which struggles to even use firefox. 

This is self advertisement?

yes and no,

how else can one show that the HD4000 graphics can run these games, a spreadsheet or graphs of the results would only go so far eh?

Google "modern gaming hd4600"

Decent results.

/Did this myself,igpu @ 1650mhz with 2400mhz memory.

Pretty epic for what it is.

Bf4/AC4/TR/COJ/BRDLNDS all playable.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

My HD4600 can play Scribblenauts and TF2 no problem so I would think that most of these games would be a bit more of a struggle. Surprised it even worked on GTA xD

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

yes and no,

how else can one show that the HD4000 graphics can run these games, a spreadsheet or graphs of the results would only go so far eh?

Ehh, I wouldnt have minded as much if he didnt create an account solely for posting this thread, which is arguable but most likely the case.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Ehh, I wouldnt have minded as much if he didnt create an account solely for posting this thread, which is arguable but most likely the case.

don't worry, I have another account too ;)

don't worry, I have another account too ;)

Then it would have been smarter on your end to use that account to post this thread it Guides and Tutorials.

Then it would have been smarter on your end to use that account to post this thread it Guides and Tutorials.

I use the other account as my personal account ;P

I use the other account as my personal account ;P

And this one is for?

You do know self advertising is against CoC, I advise reading it through if youve yet to.

I used Intel HD4000 to play CS:GO for a while when my old geforce 9600gt died. Was playable. But clearly slower than the 9600gt. That despite the 9600gt being a midrange GPU from the beginning of 2008, with probably an even older architecture.