Why do I have 2 of my wifi Network shown? Also, need help with Public IP.

LaThbDA.png

This doesn't happen on other devices connected to my Network.

It is currently bugging me because I can't seem to host (My modded Minecraft server, for friends duh.) properly.

I don't know if this is the reason for it. But I seem to have 3 different public IPs shown.

This happened when I upgraded to Windows 10.

Here's on CMD,

yNd7ZpH.png

IP Chicken,

NxcYO1n.png

Whats My IP and Google,

Ay5MWRI.png

The problem here is none of the Public IPs work for my friends. Even when I use No-IP's DUC.

I forced changed the IP by force-disconnecting the router, the IPv4 address changed. But CMD shows the SAME Public IP while the other sites changed.

I don't know what to do. Please help? My friends are depending on me to host. I can't seem to now. :/

There should be a button on your router to reset all settings that you hold in. Somewhere on the bottom or back probably, it will reset ALL settings and passwords found in your router settings and will likely remove the secondary network. You will have to reconfigure your router after that by opening your default gateway (192.168.0.1, or find in ipconfig) and logging in with the default username and password for your router, which you can search for online

EDIT: before that check to see how many adapters you have running. Open network and sharing center, then click "change adapter settings" and then see how many are there. Disable all but the one you are currently using. To change your public IP you have to request it from your ISP by calling or asking in online support

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

LaThbDA.png

It is currently bugging me because I can't seem to host (My modded Minecraft server, for friends duh.) properly.

I don't know if this is the reason for it. But I seem to have 3 different public IPs shown.

Here's on CMD,

yNd7ZpH.png

IP Chicken,

NxcYO1n.png

Whats My IP and Google,

Ay5MWRI.png

The problem here is none of the Public IPs work for my friends. Even when I use No-IP's DUC.

I forced changed the IP by force-disconnecting the router, the IPv4 address changed. But CMD shows the SAME Public IP while the other sites changed.

I don't know what to do. Please help? My friends are depending on me to host. I can't seem to now. :/

one is probably the 2.4ghz and 1 is probably the 5ghz wifi

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

There should be a button on your router to reset all settings that you hold in. Somewhere on the bottom or back probably, it will reset ALL settings and passwords found in your router settings and will likely remove the secondary network. You will have to reconfigure your router after that by opening your default gateway (192.168.0.1, or find in ipconfig) and logging in with the default username and password for your router, which you can search for online

Is there any other way than to fully reset my network? Can't I just delete this network on my PC. This problem is happening JUST on my PC. My phone, TV, laptop and every other devices are all showing just ONE network which is "madhouse". Only MY PC shows "madhouse 2" what is causing this?

one is probably the 2.4ghz and 1 is probably the 5ghz wifi

Read

Is there any other way than to fully reset my network? Can't I just delete this network on my PC. This problem is happening JUST on my PC. My phone, TV, laptop and every other devices are all showing just ONE network which is "madhouse". Only MY PC shows "madhouse 2" what is causing this?

I don't remember getting 5GHz wifi...

The thing is that secondary network probably does not actually exist if you can't see it from any other device, try re-installing your wireless driver (I think you're using a desktop wireless adapter?) and like I said in the edited post, check your internet adapters

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

Here's on CMD,

IP Chicken,

Whats My IP and Google,

I believe the two networks are either the main network and guest network, or one is the 2.4GHz band and the other is 5Ghz

For your public IP address, try going here: https://www.whatismyip.com/

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Read

I don't remember getting 5GHz wifi...

the router would be 5ghz

and yes you can probably delete it

but it it shows up again..then its the router

I believe the two networks are either the main network and guest network, or one is the 2.4GHz band and the other is 5Ghz

For your public IP address, try going here: https://www.whatismyip.com/

The third IP Address picture is from that website.

The problem is, other devices don't show this? 

The thing is that secondary network probably does not actually exist if you can't see it from any other device, try re-installing your wireless driver (I think you're using a desktop wireless adapter?) and like I said in the edited post, check your internet adapters

I am using a TP-LINK TL-WN8200ND

the router would be 5ghz

and yes you can probably delete it

but it it shows up again..then its the router

How do I delete

The third IP Address picture is from that website.

The problem is, other devices don't show this? 

I am using a TP-LINK TL-WN8200ND

How do I delete

what router tho?

thats the adapter

LaThbDA.png

Here's on CMD,

yNd7ZpH.png

IP Chicken,

NxcYO1n.png

Whats My IP and Google,

Ay5MWRI.png

The IP Chicken IP is IPv4. The What's My IP one is IPv6

Anything in the 169.254.0.0/16 address range is a private link-local IPv4 address used when DHCP fails or is unavailable. The issue here isn't with your public IP but in your device receiving a local IP address from your gateway. From the output shown you also do not have a default gateway, which is another indicator that the issue is local.

Ensure you are connected to the correct network and that you are receiving an IP address and a default gateway from your router. You can force the network adapter to ask for a new address by typing "ipconfig /release" and then subsequently typing "ipconfig /renew". Once you have done this set up a port forward on your router's firewall allowing all incoming udp/tcp traffic destined for (minecraft port) and to translate it to the local IP address of the device that is hosting the minecraft server. It may also be wise to set a static address on the device hosting the server so you do not receive a different address from DHCP every time the device boots.

Edit: Reading through this again I feel it may be best to clarify exactly what you are looking at.

The output of cmd shows you your LOCAL IPv4 address used on your local subnet. This address is translated by your router and turned into your public address so you can access the internet. As stated above anything in the 169.254.0.0/16 range is not a routable address. Do you have any other network adapters shown in the "ipconfig /all" output as this address indicates a DHCP error of some kind.

The address listed by IP Chicken is your PUBLIC IPv4 address which is the one that allows you to talk to other devices on the internet, this is the address you should give to your friends to allow them to connect. This address will most likely change from time to time unless you have arranged to have a static IP with your service provider (this usually costs extra).

The last address listed is a GLOBAL IPv6 unicast address. This is used when accessing IPv6 networks and still is not fully implemented throughout the internet. For now you can pretty much ignore this address.