Have you upgraded to Windows 10 yet?

Did earlier today, mostly good so far. Can you edit the poll to include clean install vs just upgrade.

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 a few days ago. So far absolutely zero issues and running smoothly. Loving it a lot so far.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Yup. Working just fine for me.

A bit quarks in some areas. Hopefully MS hears our feedback.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I've been on Win 10 for almost a year.

I love it.

Off-Topic: I really freaking love your wallpapers, keep up the good work!

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I was on 10. Windows killed its self. Reformatted the whole day today. Now back on my beloved 7. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Yep, upgraded both of my main rigs; loving it.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

cant on desktop til Fallout New Vegas is done but I want it on there badly.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I want to but I have Windows 8.1 so well adjusted to myself. We'll see I guess.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

I wish I could upgrade. It seems like it has attempt to upgrade 5 times from looking at update history. Failed every time.

Been using the w10 preview on secondary laptop since last year, and will keep it installed as long as its available. 

My main PC will be kept on w7 for at least a few months time, I'm in no rush and waiting for it to be more stable.

I wish I could upgrade. It seems like it has attempt to upgrade 5 times from looking at update history. Failed every time.

Samsung laptop/PC? I read a while back about Samsung software blocking Windows updates

You could try creating an ISO or USB installer, using Microsoft's download & media creation tool here, and try upgrading via that.

CPU: i5 4670K  Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo  MB: Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 ATX  RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance  GPU: MSI R9 280 3GB

PSU: EVGA 600W Bronze  Case: Corsair 200R (with pair of 120MM Noctua Redux PWM fans)  SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

HDD: 1TB Toshiba DT01ACA100   Optical: Pioneer BDR-209DBK Blu-ray writer

Upgraded, used it for 3 days, found tons of problems, holes in security and dumb decisions and get rid of this s*it. I'll try it again in 6 months, let's hope that than we"ll have finished product and problems will be solved- I don't want to be beta tester again... 

English is not my maternal language, so don't mind my mistakes... 

Tried the preview on a few beater computers of mine. Not particularly impressed with it. I've always customized Windows into what I want since the days of 98se (albeit a little less, since 7). 10 does nothing to noticeably improve over the customized installs of 7 and 8.1 I run. Besides, I've never been an early OS adopter. It's always worked out for me to wait a while. 7 and 8.1 work perfectly fine. Why "upgrade" to what's gonna be (given Microsoft's track record) buggy for a while? I'll give it a few months and try again maybe.

Been using the w10 preview on secondary laptop since last year, and will keep it installed as long as its available. 

My main PC will be kept on w7 for at least a few months time, I'm in no rush and waiting for it to be more stable.

Samsung laptop/PC? I read a while back about Samsung software blocking Windows updates

You could try creating an ISO or USB installer, using Microsoft's download & media creation tool here, and try upgrading via that.

I built my pc. only thing that involves Samsung in my pc is my ssd but I don't have any samsung software installed so I don't think it would be that. I might try upgrading from usb. Will it give me the option to upgrade instead of fresh install? Also, would I be able to use a external hard drive instead of a usb? I don't think I have a large enough usb depending on how big the install is.

Sadly no, must be one of my component drivers that aren't optimized for windows 10 yet or just waiting for another wave.

Would really like to get on with doing a clean install already though.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

....try upgrading from usb. Will it give me the option to upgrade instead of fresh install? Also, would I be able to use a external hard drive instead of a usb? I don't think I have a large enough usb depending on how big the install is.

Yes, you'll have the option to upgrade. And you don't need big usb- the .iso file of Win 10 Pro is somewhere around 3-3.5GB and in fact every 4GB usb flash should be enough. 

English is not my maternal language, so don't mind my mistakes... 

Done it and loving it so far.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

Yes, you'll have the option to upgrade. And you don't need big usb- the .iso file of Win 10 Pro is somewhere around 3-3.5GB and in fact every 4GB usb flash should be enough. 

ok thanks

hi i just created an account. i just want to ask those who already upgraded to win 10

i just upgraded and have some problem with booting its takes me 1-2mins before i get to my desktop

laptop logo 20sec > black/blank screen 30secs > log in screen 20secs to desktop

is there a way to fix this

thanks

Why didn't you include a 'It was a down-grade' option?

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it. :P

hi i just created an account. i just want to ask those who already upgraded to win 10

i just upgraded and have some problem with booting its takes me 1-2mins before i get to my desktop

laptop logo 20sec > black/blank screen 30secs > log in screen 20secs to desktop

is there a way to fix this

thanks

What boot up time did you have before? And consider making a new thread.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it. :P