Alienware Questions

Codymm03

1. Anyone ever had a issue with a Alienware laptop.

Is the site down for anyone else

Alienware is definitely down for me too.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Alienware is definitely down for me too.

ok 

Alienware is not a bad company and makes solid laptops. However they are simply overpriced for what they really are

1. Anyone ever had a issue with a Alienware laptop.
  2. Is the site down for anyone else

I've had tons of issues with Dell, who own Alienware. Not sure if it'd be too different. Even so, the Alienware laptops are pretty big and heavy, in which case a desktop is better for the value. If you want something that's actually portable, the Razer Blade would probably be the way to go.

Alienware is not a bad company and makes solid laptops. However they are simply overpriced for what they really are

And they're owned by Dell.

I hate Dell.

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

Yea sadly it is the only laptop face size that is smaller than 14. And i would expect to last for a max of 6 years of programming

And they're owned by Dell.

I hate Dell.

Actually, imo Dell in recent years has gotten better. They have a huge selection of often unique machines to choose from. They're innovating with things like the XPS 13 and XFR (which is highly intimidating in real life, by the way). They have kept quality business laptops that maintain focus on business priorities (unlike Lenovo) without overpricing (unlike HP), and their Alienware 15 has one of the most effective cooling systems on laptops ever (source: Notebookcheck)

Plus they have some, albeit limited, support for Linux. 

And they're one of the greenest tech companies.

As you can tell, I personally like them :P

edit: Changed XFG to the correct XFR

edit2: But then again, I have lots of unorthodox views, such as preferring laptop keyboards to mechanical keyboards because low travel allows me to slide my fingers across the keyboard to type faster.

I think modern Alienwares are not bad, the Alienware 14 I have at home since 2 years ago has not broken down yet, just gotten slow due to just a HDD installed.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap