WIndows 10 Upgrade Fail - Error c1900101 20017

So I have a Asus Q501LA laptop that originally came with Windows 8. Since Windows 8 is basically a dumpster fire, I downgraded to Windows 7. I have been trying to upgrade to Windows 10 for 2 days with no success at all. Every time I get error c1900101 20017 and boots me back into Windows 7 and also DEACTIVATES it! I've tried the regular upgrade, the media tool, and using the iso from the official media tool. I know it isn't the iso because I've used the same usb to upgrade 3 other machines in my house. I've read in various places that this error is caused by bios settings but I if I load optimized defaults in my bios it won't boot to Windows 7 because it turns off Lauch CSM. I don't see any settings for 'UEFI only' which people are suggesting I turn on, so I can't do anything in that regard. I don't want to clean install either because then it won't be activated. I should also mention that I've upgraded the drive in my computer to an SSD as well. So I'm stuck, can anyone help?

These are the only lines in my Setuperr.log: 2015-08-01 13:46:56, Error      [0x08085f] MIG    MigHost: CMigPluginSurrogate::LoadAndRegisterServerInThreadContext: LoadLibraryExW(C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\ReplacementManifests\Microsoft-Windows-RasServer-MigPlugin\RasMigPlugin.dll, LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH) failed gle=0x7f.[gle=0x0000007f]

2015-08-01 13:46:56, Error      [0x080863] MIG    MigHost: CMigPluginSurrogate::COMGenericThreadingHostThreadProc: LoadAndRegisterServerInThreadContext() failed hr=0x8007007f.[gle=0x0000007f]

Update:so it seems that neither my windows 10nor windows 8 installers can see my ssd. My windows 7installer has no problems. I checked my bios but nothing changed anything.

Update 2: So it seems this all stems from my Crucial M500 ssd. This drive is supposed to be compatible with my  laptop, however from what I've read in various forums that is not the case. I've never run into this problem because I went straight to windows 7 as soon as I got the drive. Thanks Crucial... Anyone have this issue with the M500? Any fixes?