I need help really bad

I just built my computer i Had a few friends that have built computers before over and they helped my and it booted up i could open bios but when I installed windows 8.1 i shutdown my pc and I came back and moved it into another room so I could run an Ethernet cable to it and I plugged it in and tried to start it and nothing at all came on i plugged in everything the psu is on and it will not load please help im desperate

probably a cable that wasn't connected proper, check EVERY cable and try again

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

also, try the front panel connecters if it doesnt power on atall, you might have them the wrong way.

Just checked cables and all of them are in do I need to reset CMOS?

It does not work at all nothing comes on no lights no fans nothing its like its completely unplugged but it is and the switch is on

It does not work at all nothing comes on no lights no fans nothing its like its completely unplugged but it is and the switch is on

try the paperclip test,

Test the following:

1. Power cable to computer

- Make sure the power cable is plugged into a working wall outlet (plug the monitor into the same outlet that the computer is currently in, if the monitor lights up, then we know the power plug is working.)

- Make sure the cable isn't frayed/sliced.

2. Power switch on PSU

- Most PSUs have a power switch on the back. "I" stands for on, "O" stands for off

3. Power switch on computer case

- The case has a power switch on the front with cables running to the "Power switch" pins on the motherboard. Remove the wires to expose the pins on the mother board for the "Power Switch" Use a screwdriver or butterknife to touch these two pins together. This will verify that the issue is not the power switch. If this does not work, put the power switch plug back onto the pins.

4. Power cables to motherboard

- 20+4pin main motherbaord power

- 4 + 4 CPU power, Sometimes there's only a 4x pin slot on the motherboard, sometimes there's 8.

At this point, we've checked all the basics, we now are going to try and identify if the PSU has gone bad.

Verify PSU Functionality:

We want to make sure that your PSU is still functioning. If it's broken, the rest of the machine won't work.

1. Turn the power switch on the PSU to the off posiiton "O"

2. Unplug the PSU cables from your motherboard, graphics card, any hard drives, etc

3. As Shown

you can jumper the green and any of the black wires with a paperclip. This will allow the PSU to supply power without a computer being plugged in and turned on.

4. If your PSU has a fan, watch the fan and flip the power switch on the back of the PSU to see if it turns on. (With some PSUs the fan won't turn on until the PSU gets hot enough, In this even, or if your PSU doesn't have a fan, you will want to plug in one of your case fans into the PSU power connectors, and then flip the power switch on the back of the PSU. If the case fan turns on, then the PSU for sure has power.)

Let us know if any of this helps.