MSI GE72 or GS70 ? both with GTX970m

fl0

I'm searching for a 17" thin gaming laptop and I found bot of these laptop to suit my needs, however they're so similar I'm having trouble choosing between them, and I'm looking for some advice.

Only 50€ set them apart the GE72 and the GS70. Is there a important change between GE and GS series I'm might not be aware of ?

I know the TN panel of the GS70 is good for a TN panel but what about the GE72 ?

Does any of you have experience with one of them, I'll be glad to read it :) !

Then do you think back exhaust, reduce the noise compared to side exhaust ? Do you think the GE has better cooling ?

Does a i7-5700HQ (GE72) better than a i7-4710HQ (GS70) are basically the same except the first one is 14nm instead of 22nm, do you think that changes anything ?

The GS70 does have the edge with the design (just lacking the DVD player but who cares?)

I hope you can help me to choose :)

PS: No "build a real PC, it's cheaper and better" please ;)

I'm searching for a 17" thin gaming laptop and I found bot of these laptop to suit my needs, however they're so similar I'm having trouble choosing between them, and I'm looking for some advice.

Only 50€ set them apart the GE72 and the GS70. Is there a important change between GE and GS series I'm might not be aware of ?

I know the TN panel of the GS70 is good for a TN panel but what about the GE72 ?

Does any of you have experience with one of them, I'll be glad to read it :) !

Then do you think back exhaust, reduce the noise compared to side exhaust ? Do you think the GE has better cooling ?

Does a i7-5700HQ (GE72) better than a i7-4710HQ (GS70) are basically the same except the first one is 14nm instead of 22nm, do you think that changes anything ?

The GS70 does have the edge with the design (just lacking the DVD player but who cares?)

I hope you can help me to choose :)

PS: No "build a real PC, it's cheaper and better" please ;)

What's your budget?

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

My budget is around 1600€ and both of these laptops are available with GTX970m in my area for this price :)

My budget is around 1600€ and both of these laptops are available with GTX970m in my area for this price :)

You should look and see if you get a Clevo P770ZM with a 970M for the same price.

Aside from that, the GS70 is a thin/light laptop not meant for heavy workloads or intense gaming (like all other thin gaming laptops). The GT72 is considered a desktop replacement laptop, which means its cooling and build quality is good, and its size reflects that. The P770ZM has them both beat however; it's the best 17" single-GPU gaming laptop that currently exists.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Thanks but I was talking about the GE72 which is a little bit bigger than the GS70 but not as quite desktop replacement as the GT72 (definitely too "desktop replacement" for me).

I looked into clevo but if I want to have a hard drive and a 128go ssd and a windows licence (which msi includes), it goes far over my budget, at least in my area :/

PS: your guide on mobile cpu is very interesting :)