Is this laptop decent :P?

JMJenkins

So I want a Desktop Replacement and this laptop has piqued my interest, could anyone inform me if there is anything wrong with Digital Storm Behemoth laptops? The idea would to be able to stream and heavy gaming while still having the performance for whatever work I need to do on it.

Chassis Model: Digital Storm Behemoth 17.3 Inch Laptop (Model: S:9377)
Display: 17.3 Inch (16:9) (Resolution: 1920 x 1080) (Anti-glare) LED-Backlit Display
Screen Calibration: - Not Available
Processor: Intel Core i7 4810MQ (Up to 3.80Ghz) (Quad Core) (6MB Cache)
Thermal Compound: Premium CPU and GPU Thermal Compound (Reduces Thermal & Laptop Noise) 
Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
Storage Drive 1: 250GB Solid State - Samsung 850 EVO
Storage Drive 2: 1TB 7200RPM (SATA 3Gb/s) 
Optical Drive: Blu-Ray Player (Blu-Ray 6x) & DVD/CD Writer 
Wireless Card: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth 4.0
Graphics Card(s): 2x SLI (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 8GB with NVIDIA Battery Boost)
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit Edition) (FREE Upgrade to Windows 10) 
Extra Charger: Extra Charger for Behemoth (Model: S:9390) 
Extra Battery: Extra Battery for Behemoth (8 cells) (Model: S:9390) 
Warranty Plan: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

dont think theres anything wrong except being extremely heavy

dont think theres anything wrong except being extremely heavy

Being heavy doesn't bother me that much, it's better than carrying a large computer around place to place.

Being heavy doesn't bother me that much, it's better than carrying a large computer around place to place.

if thats not a problem then its a decent computer

i dont play intensive games so i only use portable computers

if thats not a problem then its a decent computer

i dont play intensive games so i only use portable computers

So the end note, there isn't anything wrong with Digital Storm laptops, I won't be highly disappointed if I go with Digital Storm over MSI/Origin Laptops?

So the end note, there isn't anything wrong with Digital Storm laptops, I won't be highly disappointing if I go with Digital Storm over MSI/Origin Laptops?

well i dont have a digital storm laptop but one of my friend does

she seems to be happy with it

That's a monster laptop l0l

Look up the MSI GT80 Titan, have fun!

Look up the MSI GT80 Titan, have fun!

While all these laptops do have monster gpu and specs.. I still prefer the asus gaming laptop due to the fact that you can access the fans and clean them easily...

All laptop manufactures should be putting this on top of there list for laptop design. Nothing worse than a laptop that can't properly cool itself.

Don't get a laptop from OriginPC, it is ridiculously overpriced.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Don't get a laptop from OriginPC, it is ridiculously overpriced.

Well I don't plan on it, though they do offer m.2 or m.3 ssd's so that would be nice for an OS, but otherwise I'd just stick with the Digital Storm laptop, though I want to see if anyone has anything bad to say about this specific laptop. Is it a bad buy, would I expect Digital Storm to give me a bad laptop in general, damaged so to say? If not, then I'd really like to get this laptop.

m.3 ssd's

What?

Well I don't plan on it, though they do offer m.2 or m.3 ssd's so that would be nice for an OS, but otherwise I'd just stick with the Digital Storm laptop, though I want to see if anyone has anything bad to say about this specific laptop. Is it a bad buy, would I expect Digital Storm to give me a bad laptop in general, damaged so to say? If not, then I'd really like to get this laptop.

Digital Storm's laptops are all Clevo barebones, which means the motherboard of the laptops and the chassis of it is all the same as other Clevo resellers.

This is from my local Clevo reseller and this is practically exactly the same as Digital Storm's Behemoth. If the laptop ends up to be damaged, just contact the guys at Digital Storm, they would help you out, and Clevo laptops are really good, there are few complains of badly built Clevos.

https://www.aftershockpc.com/TITAN-V2.1/

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Get an Asus ROG series.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Get an Asus ROG series.

Well sure, if you can gladly direct me to one which has a 4 core 8 thread CPU, SLI 980M 8GB (each) and has tons of space for less than $3500 before shipping to South Africa, I'll gladly then take a look at a ROG laptop!

So I want a Desktop Replacement and this laptop has piqued my interest, could anyone inform me if there is anything wrong with Digital Storm Behemoth laptops? The idea would to be able to stream and heavy gaming while still having the performance for whatever work I need to do on it.

Chassis Model: Digital Storm Behemoth 17.3 Inch Laptop (Model: S:9377)

Display: 17.3 Inch (16:9) (Resolution: 1920 x 1080) (Anti-glare) LED-Backlit Display

Screen Calibration: - Not Available

Processor: Intel Core i7 4810MQ (Up to 3.80Ghz) (Quad Core) (6MB Cache)

Thermal Compound: Premium CPU and GPU Thermal Compound (Reduces Thermal & Laptop Noise) 

Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz

Storage Drive 1: 250GB Solid State - Samsung 850 EVO

Storage Drive 2: 1TB 7200RPM (SATA 3Gb/s) 

Optical Drive: Blu-Ray Player (Blu-Ray 6x) & DVD/CD Writer 

Wireless Card: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth 4.0

Graphics Card(s): 2x SLI (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 8GB with NVIDIA Battery Boost)

Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit Edition) (FREE Upgrade to Windows 10) 

Extra Charger: Extra Charger for Behemoth (Model: S:9390) 

Extra Battery: Extra Battery for Behemoth (8 cells) (Model: S:9390) 

Warranty Plan: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

This laptop is top notch already mate, the only things that you may bother in the future is battery life on the laptop (I don't think that is very necessary depend on how you use your laptop) and being heavy to carry around as you travel.

This laptop is top notch already mate, the only things that you may bother in the future is battery life on the laptop (I don't think that is very necessary depend on how you use your laptop) and being heavy to carry around as you travel.

That's okay, I added an extra battery and charger in case one fails, it'll take too long to ship it to the USA then get it back. Sadly it's very expensive when you convert it to Rands, the going rate for dollar to rand is: $1=R12.69 So I'm looking at R45,000 before shipping to South Africa, at most I can expect it to be about R50,000.

That's okay, I added an extra battery and charger in case one fails, it'll take too long to ship it to the USA then get it back. Sadly it's very expensive when you convert it to Rands, the going rate for dollar to rand is: $1=R12.69 So I'm looking at R45,000 before shipping to South Africa, at most I can expect it to be about R50,000.

I understand