Boot drives!

NickB
Go to solution Solved by SkilledRebuilds,

But if windows is on the hdd and I set the boot drive to be the ssd, what happens?

Well it wont work cos Windows is not on the SSD yet.

Reinstall onto the SSD after backing up your random C: files you have around,...from your current install (EG: My Documents = Some of your Game Saves, and other things you should know to backup or not /music-pics)

So my PC has a HDD for media and a SSD for programs I use a lot. I want my boot drive to be my SSD, and if that's the case, should Windows be installed on the SSD?

yes.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

But if windows is on the hdd and I set the boot drive to be the ssd, what happens?

Well it wont work cos Windows is not on the SSD yet.

Reinstall onto the SSD after backing up your random C: files you have around,...from your current install (EG: My Documents = Some of your Game Saves, and other things you should know to backup or not /music-pics)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz