Windows 10 notification

kuddlesworth9419

I keep getting a notification pop up telling me to turn on antivirus protection. It disappears before I can even read it fully and I can't find it anywhere. It only appears when I turn on my PC and it gets into the desktop. But takes about 2 minutes for it to pop up. I have all the Windows Defender setting turned on so it's not that. Can anyone help.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I had a slow post login startup after upgrading my laptop too (didn't happen on my desktop), I would get that message just because the boot apps were taking so long to load (the antivirus being one of them), I haven't had the problem after doing a fresh install though.

I keep getting a notification pop up telling me to turn on antivirus protection. It disappears before I can even read it fully and I can't find it anywhere. It only appears when I turn on my PC and it gets into the desktop. But takes about 2 minutes for it to pop up. I have all the Windows Defender setting turned on so it's not that. Can anyone help.

A clean install will fix all "issues" with Windows 10.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

A clean install will fix all "issues" with Windows 10.

OK. I will do a clean install on Sunday.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Same thing is happening with me. How does one do a clean install? Where can you download the ISO and is that all that is needed?

Same thing is happening with me. How does one do a clean install? Where can you download the ISO and is that all that is needed?

If you go to Update and Security there is a recovery section. Click on reset PC go through it. That will achieve a perfect clean installation without the need to make an ISO. I think it makes a partition on your main drive and installs an auto ISO and does everything for you. It's very quick and easy to do. All my stuff is fine now I just need to install all my stuff again.

Edit: No idea what I have done but's doing it again in the same way. It might be MPC-HC or SVP. Maybe one of the Windows distributable. Oh well I am sure it will be fixed in the upcoming updates.

(\__/)

(='.'=)