Rainbow Six Siege for eSports?

TheSouthpaw

So tonight I have been looking into Rainbow Six Siege, and it looks like a sweet game that will lend itself directly into competitive play. I know that I am personally gonna get it, and hope that I may actually be able to start a following in the eSports community. Now I know that most people in eSports, are COD fans, and if not, then you're limited to Smite, CS:GO, LoL, and DOTA. I like the diversity that Siege will bring gameplay wise, with the fully destructable environment, and you essentially having to figure out a good way to counter set up defensive positions quickly like that, but it for sure is gonna take pure teamwork. I know that most eSports titles can have that one guy that just dominates(I'm looking at you Call of Duty, but I don't see that in Siege, because if you don't work as a cohesive unit, then you're screwed. What do you guys think. I'll read these all responses in the morning since it is 2am, lol

I highly doubt it. One asshole is going to go around and try to go solo, another is going to be AFK or AFC, another one trying to get the team to work together but they just aren't listening, and another just dicking around and trolling. Oops didn't read all the way its rather late where I live.

Hmm it seems interesting but I don't watch eSports so meh.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

I want Rainbow Siege I would love to see some eSports for something other then CoD, DotA and League, same old stuff gets boring

spice it up with some Arma, Battlefield or something

I want Rainbow Siege I would love to see some eSports for something other then CoD, DotA and League, same old stuff gets boring

Arma does have contests but they aren't really as intense as other ESPORTS

Arma does have contests but they aren't really as intense as other ESPORTS

I just thought of this... eSport Minecraft... oh god...

so many squeakers... 

It would be nice to see more major events from other games rather then the classics,

I just thought of this... eSport Minecraft... oh god...

so many squeakers... 

It would be nice to see more major events from other games rather then the classics,

A bunch of kids telling you they did your mom

I can imagine it and it's horrible 

Yeah, we need more games preferably something Strategy based imo 

Most people in eSports are CoD fans? Do you actually watch eSports? The highest view count is within Dota 2, then CS:GO. CoD isn't even on the spectrum anymore. 

And as Siege is a being set up as a competitive game that requires team work, I see no reason why it cant become a viable competitive game and thus be a strong contender in eSports. However, as CS:GO is already a strong FPS game within the eSports community, I don't believe that Siege will grow all too much unless Ubisoft can actually do something for the PC community and put their foot in the door of eSports. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think the only real shooters with the chance of entering eSports and gaining any sort of real attention are UT4 and maybe Toxxik, or Toxikk or whatever it's called, maybe Doom 4 if the multiplayer is as good as id Software are saying

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

that'd be nice.  It's better than alot of the games that are picked up on the competitive scene.

The biggest problem I see with Siege becoming an esports is the price tag.

One thing that the biggest Esports have in common is that they're either free or cheap, thus easily available to everyone. I think Starcraft 2 is an exception, it "automatically" got a large scene because of Starcrafts popularity.

It's a lot easier to start watching an esport if you've played the game yourself. Having a triple-A price tag puts off a lot of people, I doubt they can just expect the competitive scene to form naturally like Dota 2's and CS:GO's has.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

It has to seriously get its shit together considering its ubisoft. Ubisoft never patches their games unless they are outright broken, and that in an unbalanced game is not meant for esport.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

• 3 weeks later...

I think the more simple games make it to esports.

This game seems all too fancy, i can see it having tournaments but nothing compared to cs/dota/LOL 

It has to seriously get its shit together considering its ubisoft. Ubisoft never patches their games unless they are outright broken, and that in an unbalanced game is not meant for esport.

Did this on my phone - to give a better explanation - Ubisoft almost never fixed their broken games unless it was completely unplayable - an eSport has to be more than playable, it needs constant balancing as well as fixing of bugs which I personally think Ubisoft is not ready to commit to considering what they've done to other games. I was surprised about them actually updating "The Crew", so they might try and dig themselves a tunnel instead of a deeper hole, but it will take a long time until they get out of this "hole" of bad reputation - maybe they are actually going to use Rainbow Six Siege as their weapon of choice to get better. Who knows, I personally think there is no way this becomes an esport game with their current reputation 

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

unless they get rid of it, no game with a heart beat sensor will be taken seriously, in my eyes, for a competitive game

My PC:

Case: Corsair C70, Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45, CPU: I5-4670k, RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance, GPU: Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming , PSU: Corsair RM650W Gold, Storage: 250 GB Samsung EVO SSD, 240 GB Kingston SSDNOW

COD esport is dead since CoD4 is dead imo

Need to see what it can progress too but i'm pretty sure we will have a big community there ! So maybe ?

Everything is in e-sports now consoles FPS games,RNG card games...

Most people in eSports are CoD fans? Do you actually watch eSports? The highest view count is within Dota 2, then CS:GO. CoD isn't even on the spectrum anymore. 

And as Siege is a being set up as a competitive game that requires team work, I see no reason why it cant become a viable competitive game and thus be a strong contender in eSports. However, as CS:GO is already a strong FPS game within the eSports community, I don't believe that Siege will grow all too much unless Ubisoft can actually do something for the PC community and put their foot in the door of eSports. 

Nope the highest view count is on League of legends.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

I highly doubt it. One asshole is going to go around and try to go solo, another is going to be AFK or AFC, another one trying to get the team to work together but they just aren't listening, and another just dicking around and trolling. Oops didn't read all the way its rather late where I live.

Hmm it seems interesting but I don't watch eSports so meh.

Sounds like CSGO

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.