July 31, 2015 - The WAN Show Document

If you want to use storage bins as drawers just build a series of cubical shelves and tack some UHMW to the bottom of them.

Should work out just fine

http://www.amazon.com/UHMW-Strip-48-Peachtree-Woodworking/dp/B000O2KODM

it even comes in tape form, not sure how well that would work though
http://www.amazon.com/TapeCase-423-5-UHMW-Tape-5yds/dp/B00823JFAI/ref=sr_1_5?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1438426757&sr=1-5&keywords=UHMW+Tape

wider would probably be better

A little overview of it, can't find too much else on youtube for some reason, 19:00
https://youtu.be/NZUoblbXpk0?list=PL4F7E816E0A6D9EDE&t=1141

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

If you want to use storage bins as drawers just build a series of cubical shelves and tack some UHMW to the bottom of them.

Should work out just fine

http://www.amazon.com/UHMW-Strip-48-Peachtree-Woodworking/dp/B000O2KODM

it even comes in tape form, not sure how well that would work though

A little overview of it, can't find too much else on youtube for some reason, 19:00

https://youtu.be/NZUoblbXpk0?list=PL4F7E816E0A6D9EDE&t=1141

@LinusTech @Slick

They should hire a guy who's sole job is to build junk they need. They could use some help in that department.

It could probably be done pretty cheap with 2x3s or whatever the metric equivilant is at least until you hit the runners.

The bins would have to be strategically picked as well for the one's with the flattest bottoms.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

They should hire a guy who's sole job is to build junk they need. They could use some help in that department.

It could probably be done pretty cheap with 2x3s or whatever the metric equivilant is at least until you hit the runners.

The bins would have to be strategically picked as well for the one's with the flattest bottoms.

They should join forces with the Mythbusters, they can build anything.

Linus Mythbustering Group

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

They should have called this the super long new office vlog

Best wanshow ever indeed. Loved the setting.

If Linus and Luke would focus on hosting shows that would be so awesome. It doesn't necessarily have to be as long form as the WAN show but I like the idea of having more shows.

#teamkeeptheorangebackground

𝙶𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚌𝚘𝚘𝚕

Are you trying to say that it will never be done?

No. It was a lame attempt at humor.

They're not contractors and i can't visit them.

Hey @LinusTech. Nice Wan show. Are you going to upload new office vlog tommorow on vessel?

doesnt look like it 

My Sightings on LTT : June 6th 2014 WAN Show After Party: Mario Kart 8 July 31st 2015 WAN Show: Tesla Topic   August 14th 2015 WAN Show: ESL Topic 
My Rig: i7 4770K | Z87 Sabertooth | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GTX 780Ti SC ACX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD 4TB Black | Noctua NH-U14S | Corsair 750D | Corsair RM850  \
Peripherals: Triple VG248QE (1080p 144hz) | Corsair RGB K95 MX Blues | Razer Deathadder Chroma | ATH-M50X | JBL LSR305 | Mod Mic 4.0
Devices:Mac Book Pro Retina|iPad Mini (32GB) | HTC One M9 (160GB) Moto 360 (Black Leather) Nvidia Shield (80GB) Go Pro Hero 3+ Black

woooo my topic got in

My Sightings on LTT : June 6th 2014 WAN Show After Party: Mario Kart 8 July 31st 2015 WAN Show: Tesla Topic   August 14th 2015 WAN Show: ESL Topic 
My Rig: i7 4770K | Z87 Sabertooth | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GTX 780Ti SC ACX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD 4TB Black | Noctua NH-U14S | Corsair 750D | Corsair RM850  \
Peripherals: Triple VG248QE (1080p 144hz) | Corsair RGB K95 MX Blues | Razer Deathadder Chroma | ATH-M50X | JBL LSR305 | Mod Mic 4.0
Devices:Mac Book Pro Retina|iPad Mini (32GB) | HTC One M9 (160GB) Moto 360 (Black Leather) Nvidia Shield (80GB) Go Pro Hero 3+ Black

Yay... Half of that is not talked about ... @LinusTech : Are you gonna bring them back for discussion next week ? Will we get a 2 hour special edition WAN show ?

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

This was probably my favorite WAN Show. I just love listening to stuff like this hence why I watch VLOGs and the new office series. Nice to see how videos which I spend at least 10 minutes a day watching are made.

i totally agree plus my topic made it which was even better. I love the vlogs

Is this the WAN show video or the after show video? I keep skipping forward to see them talk about tech and just see them talking about their office and random stuff.

Hey Linus,

just a little tip, you should not say out loud that you use business licenses for private use, because if your local tax authority finds that out you are kinda screwed J I imagine you book the costs of these licenses as business expense and if you use them private as well you either have to tax the private usage or you have to stop booking them as business expense (which will boost your profit and therefore higher tax, or in your case, a lower deficit carried forward in the next fiscal year). I don’t think your local tax authority’s watch your show, even if they shouldJ, but better keep it save xD 

Just catching up watching this, and the thing about car makers updating their cars did any others do it:

Yes, Saab.

Branches that GM didn't kill off are to this day still doing system and firmware updates.... Varies a lot between models as they were updating them even on the production line but even a Trionic 5 system (talking 1990's) can get updates. You can (in the UK at least) get a update for £10 at the dealer, or get it automatically if you get it serviced at the dealers. For £10 a year to get firmware updates that saw my MPG go up and other glitches be sorted they can have my money!

Its not my fault I am grumpy, you try having a porcelain todger that's always hard! 

In reference to your dilemma with storage bin shelving solutions, I'd recommend seeing if Sortimo (a German company) has a system that might work for you. I use them in my shop for bolt/nut/screw storage.

http://www.sortimo.knapheide.com/

For the sake of authenticity, I think you should cover this document in crayon, and just write toothbrush instead.

Or just change it to comic sans and make each letter a different colour.

Human intelligence decreases with increasing proximity to oncoming traffic.