Win 10 install failure, now Pc won't boot after manual shutdown

GriggsCK

So yesterday, I manually update my desktop with the Windows 10 ISO setup. Everything went smoothly, installing, etc, and the machine automatically restart itself to continue, however, it got stuck on the boot screen. So I pressed the restart/reset button on my pc, and got greeted by "0xC1900101 - 0x20004" boot error code, but this is less of a problem as everything went fine after that. This happened 3 times.

The last time however, I decided to shutdown the Pc instead of restart cuz I don't want my overclock to be reset, now my pc just won't boot whatsoever. I change the ram to a different ram slot, use a different hard drive, different psu, turn on without the graphics card, even go on and reset the bios. Just won't boot. Any idea why this happen? :( And how do I solve this?

My specs are 
-Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0
-Pentium G3258 OC to 4.3 ghz.
-Palit GTX 750ti Stormx (single fan)
-Kingston Hyper x 4gb 1600 mhz + 4gb kingston value ram 1333 mhz. 
-Seagate Barracuda 1tb. 
-Seasonic M12II bronze 520 W PSU.

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

my laptop hung for what seemed like 2m after the first reboot when I was installing win10. but I just left it alone and hoped it hadn't...and yay it didn't :P

I'm thinking you assumed your PC froze and rebooted it mid install? In which case you'll need to boot off the disc/usb again and reinstall.

my laptop hung for what seemed like 2m after the first reboot when I was installing win10. but I just left it alone and hoped it hadn't...and yay it didn't :P

I'm thinking you assumed your PC froze and rebooted it mid install? In which case you'll need to boot off the disc/usb again and reinstall.

Actually, I can't even get in the bios menu, it's just black-screen. The monitor said, no signal. Every time it got stuck at the "Asrock" logo after installing win 10 and restarting. Prssing the restart button solved the problem. It went back to 8.1. Last time however, I went with shutdown instead of restart, and now it won't boot. Just black screen.

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

Actually, I can't even get in the bios menu, it's just black-screen. The monitor said, no signal. Every time it got stuck at the "Asrock" logo after installing win 10 and restarting. Prssing the restart button solved the problem. It went back to 8.1. Last time however, I went with shutdown instead of restart, and now it won't boot. Just black screen.

If you can't get into the BIOS then there is something more serious going on...but I don't think that is truly the case. I think you might just be having difficulty getting into them.

Does your mobo have any sort of physical bios reset switch? Pull the CMOS maybe?

Read this on the mfg site

Restart to UEFI

Fast Boot is so fast that it is impossible for users to enter the UEFI setup utility during POST. Therefore, ASRock Restart to UEFI technology allows users to easily enter the UEFI setup utility automatically when turning on the PC next time. It is designed for those who constantly need to enter the UEFI setup utility.

I made this for my friends that recommended restarting/shutdown during an OS install/update 

post-191444-0-19439800-1438411022.png

If you can't get into the BIOS then there is something more serious going on...but I don't think that is truly the case. I think you might just be having difficulty getting into them.

Does your mobo have any sort of physical bios reset switch? Pull the CMOS maybe?

Read this on the mfg site

It does, but I don't know if I did it correctly. I pull the switch out, put it in the reset position for like 10 seconds or so, then put in back in. Won't work. Then I unplug the battery, leave it there for like 15 minutes, replug, still won't work. I also have fast boot disable cuz they are so annoying. 

This motherboard had problem before hands, somehow the audio chip got short-circuited after I unplug the graphics card for cleaning, I needed to RMA the board. I switched the ram position the first time when this happened, do you think this move short circuited the motherboard?

I made this for my friends that recommended restarting/shutdown during an OS install/update 

Well, it's not during, it's just stuck at the boot screen after installation. Even then, I restart like 3~4 times when this happen, still fine. Just happened after shutdown then pressing the power button. 

It does, but I don't know if I did it correctly. I pull the switch out, put it in the reset position for like 10 seconds or so, then put in back in. Won't work. Then I unplug the battery, leave it there for like 15 minutes, replug, still won't work. I also have fast boot disable cuz they are so annoying. 

This motherboard had problem before hands, somehow the audio chip got short-circuited after I unplug the graphics card for cleaning, I needed to RMA the board. I switched the ram position the first time when this happened, do you think this move short circuited the motherboard?

I would read the manual on how to use the bios reset header

my gut says you need to put the header into the reset position then turn the board on. Then shut it down, and move it back.

But don't take my GUESS for how your board operates, read the manual

And I highly doubt a software install somehow caused a hardware malfunction. Was there a power surge or did you hear a click or anything? I think the boards just being fickle 

Unpug the power, remove the battery for 30 seconds to a minute, reinstall and plug back in.

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

I would read the manual on how to use the bios reset header

my gut says you need to put the header into the reset position then turn the board on. Then shut it down, and move it back.

But don't take my GUESS for how your board operates, read the manual

And I highly doubt a software install somehow caused a hardware malfunction. Was there a power surge or did you hear a click or anything? I think the boards just being fickle 

Nope, leaving in the reset position the pc won't even start.

Unpug the power, remove the battery for 30 seconds to a minute, reinstall and plug back in.

Doesn't work, I do however stumble across this post while I was waiting, I wonder if this is the issue, and my mid interruption make it even worse somehow?

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/3f3mro/discussion_psa_windows_10_currently_not/

Nope, leaving in the reset position the pc won't even start.

Doesn't work, I do however stumble across this post while I was waiting, I wonder if this is the issue, and my mid interruption make it even worse somehow?

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/3f3mro/discussion_psa_windows_10_currently_not/

Even if that is the case, you should still at least be able to boot into the bios

I think you'd have much more success if you ask this question at Microsoft support or a kind of tech community on reddit

Even if that is the case, you should still at least be able to boot into the bios

I think you'd have much more success if you ask this question at Microsoft support or a kind of tech community on reddit

I think I figured out the problem, it's the god damn motherboard again, somehow it got short circuited again.....The hard drive has problem but I fixed by reformating it on other desktop, but after that, still won't boot on the original one. Damn. Both ram are fine as they worked in secondary desktop. 

I think I figured out the problem, it's the god damn motherboard again, somehow it got short circuited again.....The hard drive has problem but I fixed by reformating it on other desktop, but after that, still won't boot on the original one. Damn. Both ram are fine as they worked in secondary desktop. 

I'm glad you found the problem, but that is really strange.

I'm glad you found the problem, but that is really strange.

The previous problem this motherboard had was even stranger, I plug in the headphone in the green jack but the blue jack lights up, front panel also show sign of activities like secondary headphone and mic when I have nothing there. Basically confused the shit out me.

I wonder if lower end Asrock Mobo is problematic or I just carry static charge all around me. First problem occur when I unplug the graphics card for cleaning, second time change the position of the ram because of boot problem. 

The previous problem this motherboard had was even stranger, I plug in the headphone in the green jack but the blue jack lights up, front panel also show sign of activities like secondary headphone and mic when I have nothing there. Basically confused the shit out me.

I wonder if lower end Asrock Mobo is problematic or I just carry static charge all around me. First problem occur when I unplug the graphics card for cleaning, second time change the position of the ram because of boot problem. 

ESD shouldn't be a problem if you're grounding yourself on the case beforehand

maybe you just got a lemon

ESD shouldn't be a problem if you're grounding yourself on the case beforehand

maybe you just got a lemon

I just powered up the problematic desktop randomly, and it boot! (without graphics card). So I move back my hardware into the that pc immediately, gpu, HDD. And guess what? It won't boot again, even without the gpu and with the Wins 7 hard drive, which is the first time I tried in a while. What on earth happen to this motherboard. Ram slots/Ram is fine, Sata port is fine, hard drive is fine, psu is fine. 

There have been many reported issues with OCing the G3258 with Windows 10 - I know this because I also have these issues (I can't OC at all, which kinda sucks). If you can get into bios try running your CPU at stock speeds. If you're having trouble getting into bios you could try unplugging your storage devices so the motherboard can't send you into a boot loader.

Good luck!

There have been many reported issues with OCing the G3258 with Windows 10 - I know this because I also have these issues (I can't OC at all, which kinda sucks). If you can get into bios try running your CPU at stock speeds. If you're having trouble getting into bios you could try unplugging your storage devices so the motherboard can't send you into a boot loader.

Good luck!

Yeah, I know, though only after I attempt to install windows 10, wish I see this issue early. Now I have strange problem with my motherboard.