1st loop looking for advice to finish gathering needed parts

Your pcpartpicker link says you have 2x GTX 970 cards, but you have selected TX 980 backplates and blocks - that's really not going to work out well if that is true.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

As far as fittings/tubing, go for soft tubing. It's easier to work with, in my opinion.

Compression fittings seem to be best to work with. You can use barb fittings, but you're gonna need hose clamps or zip ties to secure them.

The most common size for soft tubing that I've seen is 3/8" I.D. x 5/8" O.D., so get fittings that match the tubing. Make sure that the fittings will fit into the hardware. G1/4 threads look like the industry standard, but there are oddball thread sizes out there.

Final word, just be careful. Fittings can easily rack-up the final total for the parts list. If you didn't have hardware already, I would suggest getting a 'loop-in-a-box' and starting from there.

Your pcpartpicker link says you have 2x GTX 970 cards, but you have selected TX 980 backplates and blocks - that's really not going to work out well if that is true.

its the water blocks http://configurator.ekwb.com/ link me to for the Nvidia gtx970

As far as fittings/tubing, go for soft tubing. It's easier to work with, in my opinion.

Compression fittings seem to be best to work with. You can use barb fittings, but you're gonna need hose clamps or zip ties to secure them.

The most common size for soft tubing that I've seen is 3/8" I.D. x 5/8" O.D., so get fittings that match the tubing. Make sure that the fittings will fit into the hardware. G1/4 threads look like the industry standard, but there are oddball thread sizes out there.

Final word, just be careful. Fittings can easily rack-up the final total for the parts list. If you didn't have hardware already, I would suggest getting a 'loop-in-a-box' and starting from there.

is there a brand of fittings you would recommend?

Either go with  Bitspower http://bitspowerwork.com/ or go with EK fittings http://site.ekwb.com/

Those are the first two to come to mind regarding fittings. The Bitspower site is a little hard to read with that color choice, though.

Just make sure that the hardware(rads, pump, res, etc) and the fittings are the same size. It's easier to change out a fitting than the radiator, if you know what I mean.

its the water blocks http://configurator.ekwb.com/ link me to for the Nvidia gtx970

is there a brand of fittings you would recommend?

Make sure you get the right water block they aren't one size fits all.  Some have custom pcb's that make a big difference on what water block will fit.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump