Windows 10 - Task Scheduler Issue

x6tr2ni

I like to use my task scheduler as my alarm clock for waking up, weekly meetings, or work times. After I upgraded to window 10, when I schedule a mp3 to be played at a given time, it would instead of just opening the file, ask "How do you want to open this file?". It kind of defeats the purpose. It will ask everytime the event goes off and there aren't any options to default to a program. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? My method worked fine on Windows 7.

Update:

I found the issue. It seems the songs that contain a space " " instead of a "_" or a "-", results in the script to be enclosed within quotes. Normally there wouldn't be quotes.

For example Bob's Song.mp3, C:\Songs\Bob's Song.mp3, it will be "C:\Songs\Bob's Song.mp3" when I select the song. If I take the quotes off, it will only run the script C:\Songs\Bob's, ignoring everythign after the space, thus it doesn't know how to open the file. I can resolve this by simplying replacing the spaces with underscores in the filename, but this was never an issue in Windows 7. Is there a way around this?

I like to use my task scheduler as my alarm clock for waking up, weekly meetings, or work times. After I upgraded to window 10, when I schedule a mp3 to be played at a given time, it would instead of just opening the file, ask "How do you want to open this file?". It kind of defeats the purpose. It will ask everytime the event goes off and there aren't any options to default to a program. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? My method worked fine on Windows 7.

http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/4-ways-to-open-task-scheduler-on-windows-10.html

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/schedule-task#1TC=windows-7

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

also..there is probably a better scheduler app on the app store

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Hit start and type "default", the first option should be "default programs". Click "Associate file type or protocol with programs" Then find your file type for the audio file and associate it with Windows Media Player or whatever you use.

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

Hit start and type "default", the first option should be "default programs". Click "Associate file type or protocol with programs" Then find your file type for the audio file and associate it with Windows Media Player or whatever you use.

I found the issue. It seems the songs that contain a space " " instead of a "_" or a "-", results in the script to be enclosed within quotes. Normally there wouldn't be quotes.

For example Bob's Song.mp3, C:\Songs\Bob's Song.mp3, it will be "C:\Songs\Bob's Song.mp3" when I select the song. If I take the quotes off, it will only run the script C:\Songs\Bob's, ignoring everythign after the space, thus it doesn't know how to open the file. I can resolve this by simplying replacing the spaces with underscores in the filename, but this was never an issue in Windows 7. Is there a way around this?