LG UltraWide monitor only running at 50hz?

Hello everyone! I'm in need of some help if you'd be so kind.

I recently purchased LG's 64UC87C Black 34" UltraWide monitor. It's incredible!!! Only one hiccup is getting in my way. The monitor only runs at a max of 50hz... I can't figure out why this is if the monitor is supposed to run at 60hz. 

Is this a simple fix or is there a secret setting I have not yet discovered on how to tune the response time of this monitor. I'm new to the UltraWide scene and may be missing something.

If you have any information it would be very very very appreciated. 

I thank you all for your time.

-Patrick.

post-222037-0-49030800-1438398928.jpg

post-222037-0-49030800-1438398928.jpg

Are you running it over DisplayPort, or HDMI?

Try changing the refresh rate in Nvidia Control Panel

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

well, if you have a Nvidia card, you can set a custom resolution with a higher refresh rate to get it back up to 60Hz, or possibly even further

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

well, if you have a Nvidia card, you can set a custom resolution with a higher refresh rate to get it back up to 60Hz, or possibly even further

just make sure that both ur horizontale refresh rate and vertical is proper set using this method ( should be in ur monitors user manual )

(◑‿◐)

You have the wrong driver for it, Windows couldn't recognize it so it goes to generic pnp monitor and this happens, I have the same problem with my third monitor, just find the driver for it or force the refresh rate from nvidias control panel

You have the wrong driver for it, Windows couldn't recognize it so it goes to generic pnp monitor and this happens, I have the same problem with my third monitor, just find the driver for it or force the refresh rate from nvidias control panel

Check Windows update or LG's website for a driver.

just make sure that both ur horizontale refresh rate and vertical is proper set using this method ( should be in ur monitors user manual )

Try changing the refresh rate in Nvidia Control Panel

Are you running it over DisplayPort, or HDMI?

Thank you ALL for your VALUABLE feedback. I highly appreciate all of you.

I am happy to announce after tinkering with the drivers found on the disk of the monitor instead of the web that I have got it working properly!

Were up and running at 60hz now (:

thank you all!

• 2 months later...

my paper monitor runs at 144 hz hahahaha :D  :P