EKWB Pastel Concentrate (Blue) has Separated

My Pc water loop is now covered in a layer of Blue goop after the EK Pastel concentrate has separated.  only been in my PC water loop for 4 Months. My question is how can i get rid of it. With out removing each component and dismantling it to clean it out.  

My Pc water loop is now covered in a layer of Blue goop after the EK Pastel concentrate has separated.  only been in my PC water loop for 4 Months. My question is how can i get rid of it. With out removing each component and dismantling it to clean it out.  

Can you take a photo that stuff is a nanofluid and shouldn't separate out.

may want to contact the people over at EK since it isn't suppose to do that, as for a way to re mix it while in the loop I don't think there is a way and you may end up needing to remove your components and flush it and start over with a new batch of coolent. 

Here is the photos. You can see the build up of Gunk at the bottom of the res and in the CPU block I put a straw into the res to put some lines in the gunk. The distilled water is clear and the gunk is all over everything.

post-87917-0-21331400-1438398670_thumb.j

post-87917-0-43728000-1438398690_thumb.j

post-87917-0-21331400-1438398670_thumb.j

post-87917-0-43728000-1438398690_thumb.j

Here is the photos. You can see the build up of Gunk at the bottom of the res and in the CPU block I put a straw into the rest to put some lines in the gunk. The distilled water is clear and the gunk is all over everything.

Just wondering what tubing are you using it can possibly be plasticizer but yeah that's not suppose to happen if it's good tubing I would contact EKWB and see what they can do.

Just wondering what tubing are you using it can possibly be plasticizer but yeah that's not suppose to happen if it's good tubing I would contact EKWB and see what they can do.

I'm running the PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT tubing Black 1/2 ID 3/4 OD and all EK fittings

I'm running the PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT tubing Black 1/2 ID 3/4 OD and all EK fittings

Yeah that shouldn't be a problem, but unfortunately the only way to clean everything is to break it all down.

Yeah that shouldn't be a problem, but unfortunately the only way to clean everything is to break it all down.

That is going to suck.

Contact EK. Get customer support on this.

If EK won't/can't help, then bite the bullet and clean out your system and replace the coolant with distilled water and PTNuke. I'm doing that for my loop, and it comes out to ~$0.31/liter of coolant.

1 gallon distilled water is ~$0.84 at the local Walmart.

Tagging in EK Luc

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

The only other thing I can think of would be a poorly made Radiator.  It's not uncommon for cheap brands cough magicool cough to not properly clean out their radiators after manufacturing them and they can leave behind a lot of stuff like oils and flux that can interact negatively with coolants.  I've personally had issues with a radiator that was discoloring my coolants.

But yeah, I've never personally trusted EK coolants.  My local Micro Center stocks them and when I was building my loop, I stopped in to buy some coolant and every single bottle had separated with chunks of congealed crud floating in the bottom.  You can try pitching a fit at EK customer support but I don't know how much good it will do since as far as I'm concerned, the best thing you can do is clean out your loop and replace it with Mayhems Pastel.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop

Thank to all for your replies. In the end i bit the bullet and tried to clean the goop out of the system i pulled the CPU block out and run warm water through it but that did nothing. I pulled the CPU block apart and cleaned it with a cloth but it was stained. At this stage i was stressing as i thought i would be up for a entire water loop that cost me over $500. So I did something a little abnormal. I got lemon juice white vinigar and dish washing liquid and mixed it 1 part lemon juice 2 parts vinigar and a few drops of washing liquid and put it in my loop at first the mixture just sat in the res as the pump was bloked but after a few minutes it started to run through the loop so i connected the pump and ran it in the loop. Then flushed the loop with about 20 litres of tap water then reflushed with 4 litres of distilled water. The loop is great now and never again will i use EKWB coolant.

post-87917-0-50835600-1438658004_thumb.j

post-87917-0-50835600-1438658004_thumb.j