I think this is an amazing idea for a video ( Custom Chair )

DarkBlade2117

So I've always wanted some chair like a DXracer or a GT Omega "gaming" chair but can't seem to fork out $300-$350+.

So I've came to the conclusion and I've been putting together some items and figured heck I've never seen some straight up build a custom chair. I've seen some nice looking recliner racing chairs for around $160, For heavier people,like me I found a aluminum base for the chair for about $40 and a 2inch gas lift for like $16 and wheels are like $5. It would be complicated for the arm rest.

Here's a list of what you could use.

- http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Office-Chair-Control-Mechanism/dp/B00CEY7B8O/ref=pd_sim_196_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0EDYWH4R1EVE6DD0CXXC

- http://www.amazon.com/Rolland-Office-Chair-Lift-Cylinder/dp/B00GEXJH4W/ref=pd_sim_196_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1XEKQZA257710KF5Y87B

- http://www.amazon.com/Caster-Classics®-Universal-Casters-Carpet/dp/B0058OKO2W/ref=pd_bxgy_196_img_y

-

- http://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Duty-Office-Chair-Chrome/dp/B007FF19O4/ref=pd_bxgy_60_img_y

Then you'd pick out whatever racing chair you'd want. It would come to about $274.

The one thing I've wondered is how would,you put Control Thing onto the chair? That's still making me wondering. Now keep in mind you could make this cheaper but this is with all the heavy duty stuff, the fancy tilt thing so when you recline the whole chair tilts not just the back ect ect.. You could get some cheap plastic base and a cheap gas lift ect but I weigh 250 pounds and I'm 6 foot 1 so the cheaper DxRacer which seems to be $299 just doesn't work out for me. It's to small. Not only but this is also unique and some people fork out $400+ dollars for a DXRacer.

http://www.carid.com/scat/sportsman-racing-seat-mpn-80-1605-64r.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwueytBRCmpOyZ2L-xrG8SJADwH5c6mGi9388B8v3BZ0ubXbWJUQtEiMCEM3Zax1zo-i9zuBoCkIPw_wcB Is one seat which is $161 so instead of $274 it would be $285. So basically for $285 you can build a "gaming chair" that's probably a heck of a lot more comfortable.

Another way to save money is if you already have a chair with a everything on it all you need to do is spend the $150-$200 for a a seat, and put it on. ( just though of this because I have a chair and it probably wouldn't be to hard to replace just the seat and reuse the wheel base, wheels, gas lift, and the tilt control thing with the lever for the gas lift ) You don't have to buy all that stuff if you've already got 90% of it and all you gotta do is take the chair off. ( I might end up doing this ).

This is just an idea and I've got no idea if it's even possible or would be worth it to do. ( I personally have a car place near by and could test out racing seats for the chair itself )

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

So I've always wanted some chair like a DXracer or a GT Omega "gaming" chair but can't seem to fork out $300-$350+.

So I've came to the conclusion and I've been putting together some items and figured heck I've never seen some straight up build a custom chair. I've seen some nice looking recliner racing chairs for around $160, For heavier people,like me I found a aluminum base for the chair for about $40 and a 2inch gas lift for like $16 and wheels are like $5. It would be complicated for the arm rest.

Here's a list of what you could use.

- http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Office-Chair-Control-Mechanism/dp/B00CEY7B8O/ref=pd_sim_196_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0EDYWH4R1EVE6DD0CXXC

- http://www.amazon.com/Rolland-Office-Chair-Lift-Cylinder/dp/B00GEXJH4W/ref=pd_sim_196_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1XEKQZA257710KF5Y87B

- http://www.amazon.com/Caster-Classics®-Universal-Casters-Carpet/dp/B0058OKO2W/ref=pd_bxgy_196_img_y

-

- http://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Duty-Office-Chair-Chrome/dp/B007FF19O4/ref=pd_bxgy_60_img_y

Then you'd pick out whatever racing chair you'd want. It would come to about $274.

The one thing I've wondered is how would,you put Control Thing onto the chair? That's still making me wondering. Now keep in mind you could make this cheaper but this is with all the heavy duty stuff, the fancy tilt thing so when you recline the whole chair tilts not just the back ect ect.. You could get some cheap plastic base and a cheap gas lift ect but I weigh 250 pounds and I'm 6 foot 1 so the cheaper DxRacer which seems to be $299 just doesn't work out for me. It's to small. Not only but this is also unique and some people fork out $400+ dollars for a DXRacer.

http://www.carid.com/scat/sportsman-racing-seat-mpn-80-1605-64r.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwueytBRCmpOyZ2L-xrG8SJADwH5c6mGi9388B8v3BZ0ubXbWJUQtEiMCEM3Zax1zo-i9zuBoCkIPw_wcB Is one seat which is $161 so instead of $274 it would be $285. So basically for $285 you can build a "gaming chair" that's probably a heck of a lot more comfortable.

Another way to save money is if you already have a chair with a everything on it all you need to do is spend the $150-$200 for a a seat, and put it on. ( just though of this because I have a chair and it probably wouldn't be to hard to replace just the seat and reuse the wheel base, wheels, gas lift, and the tilt control thing with the lever for the gas lift ) You don't have to buy all that stuff if you've already got 90% of it and all you gotta do is take the chair off. ( I might end up doing this ).

This is just an idea and I've got no idea if it's even possible or would be worth it to do. ( I personally have a car place near by and could test out racing seats for the chair itself )

Oh wow. This is pretty rad. I'm bookmarking this and will totally try it at some point for a video, myself :o

Also you have a blank line in your list; was there another item?

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

4 letters:

I K E A

The closet IKEA to me is a 6 hour drive. Not everyone on earth lives within 20 minutes of one. Also what do IKEA have to do with making a custom chair using a racing seat? I understand they've got chairs and stuff.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

The closet IKEA to me is a 6 hour drive. Not everyone on earth lives within 20 minutes of one. Also what do IKEA have to do with making a custom chair using a racing seat? I understand they've got chairs and stuff.

i got 3 on 20, 35 and 50 minutes lol gg netherlands

i got 3 on 20, 35 and 50 minutes lol gg netherlands

Wow they aren't as common in the U.S.

I'm actually working on a project pretty similar to this one.  I went to a local scrapyard and ripped the chairs out of an older car.  Then i went to Lowe's and picked up a piece of steel to make a base plate.  All i have to do now is find an old office chair to rip the wheels off of and i should be good to go.  In total it only set me back about fifty bucks so far.

I'm actually working on a project pretty similar to this one.  I went to a local scrapyard and ripped the chairs out of an older car.  Then i went to Lowe's and picked up a piece of steel to make a base plate.  All i have to do now is find an old office chair to rip the wheels off of and i should be good to go.  In total it only set me back about fifty bucks so far.

Sweet good luck! Id like to hear how it goes. Like I said I still,don't know how I'd put the seat on the base. I have a pretty basic $100 chair but it had the heavy duty base and the tilt thing so I figured lets just out a racing chair on it. It's truly not to much different from a DXRacer other than the name. My moms into sewing and stuff so I can have it custom make me a nice pillow for a headrest with my name or something on it. I'd just have to find some type,of material and what I'd like to put in it.

I wonder what's inside the DXRacer pillows.

Sweet good luck! Id like to hear how it goes. Like I said I still,don't know how I'd put the seat on the base. I have a pretty basic $100 chair but it had the heavy duty base and the tilt thing so I figured lets just out a racing chair on it. It's truly not to much different from a DXRacer other than the name. My moms into sewing and stuff so I can have it custom make me a nice pillow for a headrest with my name or something on it. I'd just have to find some type,of material and what I'd like to put in it.

I wonder what's inside the DXRacer pillows.

For mine I'm going to use where the chair is supposed to bolt to a car to mount it on the base, you might be able to do something similar.  A few people have done youtube videos with similar projects, if you're looking for ideas those might be of some use.

Are you thinking of doing a guide for the guide subsection of the forum?  I was thinking about doing one but yours will probably look a bit less Jerry-rigged.

Best of luck with your project and make sure to post pics when it's done.

I picked a rather comfortable chair that's comfy enough for my large fat ass for like 80 bucks: seems a bit unnecessary to build your own.

-------

Current Rig

-------

@Kano at some point yea I plan on doing this. I wanna get money for a PC first which won't be towards until the end of the year atleast. ( Maybe I could get a chair from my parents for Christmas/ my birthday since they are within the same 40day ish time frame and Maybe they'd let me combine it to have one big gift ).

@Kano at some point yea I plan on doing this. I wanna get money for a PC first which won't be towards until the end of the year atleast. ( Maybe I could get a chair from my parents for Christmas/ my birthday since they are within the same 40day ish time frame and Maybe they'd let me combine it to have one big gift ).

Ah, I understand don't want to put the buggy before the horse so to speak.  Best of luck with both your pc and chair.

I picked a rather comfortable chair that's comfy enough for my large fat ass for like 80 bucks: seems a bit unnecessary to build your own.

The problem is the past 2 chairs I've owned counting the current one just get worn out. At first they are comfortable but now 6 months later,,the arm rest always fell off after about 2 weeks of tightening them every few days. The leather is uncomfortable and I get sweaty pretty easily and now it feels like I'm sitting on hard wood floors because it was worn in. I figured I'd be paying around $150 for a new mesh chair anyways since I wanted to try one of those I misewell just do a DIY and just take a straight up racing chair for around $15@ and out it on my current base.

The problem is the past 2 chairs I've owned counting the current one just get worn out. At first they are comfortable but now 6 months later,,the arm rest always fell off after about 2 weeks of tightening them every few days. The leather is uncomfortable and I get sweaty pretty easily and now it feels like I'm sitting on hard wood floors because it was worn in. I figured I'd be paying around $150 for a new mesh chair anyways since I wanted to try one of those I misewell just do a DIY and just take a straight up racing chair for around $15@ and out it on my current base.

They sell better chairs though. If you're up for a DIY project by all means but some stuff makes more sense to just buy if you ask me.

-------

Current Rig

-------

If it had arms I would consider doing that myself. 

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

If it had arms I would consider doing that myself.

I personally don't like arms as they get in the way, I doubt it would be hard to had some on that are adjustable and stuff.

I am like Luke big (if not bigger) I need arms

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

I am like Luke big (if not bigger) I need arms

I'm 250 pounds 6 Foot 1. 95% of the time my hands/arms are on my desk anyways since I've gotta have my arms stretched out when typing or using the mouse. I do understand how some people,like arms, it would be quite simple to add them I just never though of it