"Before installing Windows 10 Insider Preview, something needs your attention" Error when trying to update to Windows 10

Go to solution Solved by Jlryan,

Try deleting the $Windows~BT folder on the root of the drive (it's a hidden folder), you'll have to re-download Windows 10 (if it's even downloaded it), and make sure the SoftwareDistribution/Downloads folder is empty too. Then re-run the wuauclt.exe /updatenow

If that doesn't work, just download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool and upgrade windows that way.

This comes after doing the wuauclt.exe /updatenow command in an elevated cmd window. It gets to checking requirements, then shows this. It seems to suggest that there are updates not installed, but there are none available and it says 0KB next to the statement. Check Your PC button just takes me to the windows update place which says that I'm set to auto-matically recieve updates and that none are available. Manually checking comes up with nothing and no amount of restarting does anything. I've even tried clearing out the \SoftwareDistribution\Downloads folder but with no avail.

Please Help!

Try deleting the $Windows~BT folder on the root of the drive (it's a hidden folder), you'll have to re-download Windows 10 (if it's even downloaded it), and make sure the SoftwareDistribution/Downloads folder is empty too. Then re-run the wuauclt.exe /updatenow

If that doesn't work, just download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool and upgrade windows that way.

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

This comes after doing the wuauclt.exe /updatenow command in an elevated cmd window. It gets to checking requirements, then shows this. It seems to suggest that there are updates not installed, but there are none available and it says 0KB next to the statement. Check Your PC button just takes me to the windows update place which says that I'm set to auto-matically recieve updates and that none are available. Manually checking comes up with nothing and no amount of restarting does anything. I've even tried clearing out the \SoftwareDistribution\Downloads folder but with no avail.

Please Help!

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

try this

LTT's Fastest 9800gt

LTT Forum Beginners Guide