should i call this guy? he claims that he can make the internet faster?

saiftech

i got this number by some pc store that tolled me that this internet technation or whatever can might know how to make the internet faster

so i called him and he said that he can make it faster and he asked what type of router and internet speed do you have, i tolled him i have an 8mbp speed internet connection and cisco-4200 and he said there both ok-ish and he said he recommends that i get 50mbp speed and one of there router or any good router and he will help make it a faster for gaming like lowering ping and increasing 4 bars a signal so i tolled him il think about it

so then couple of weeks later we moved to our new house and i suggested my dad to get the 50mbp speed instead of the basic 8-10mbp speed that he always get and he agreed and we also got a new router called the ASUS AC3200 everyone tolled me its currently the best of the best so we got it!

and the internet seems to be more fester and the ping has improved more but i wanna improve it even more if possible

so i was thinking, if we call that guy to come over and make our internet fester what exactly is he going to do? how can he possibly tweak it to make it fester?

our connection in internet speed test is 48mbp download speed and 9-10mbp upload speed it doesnt make sense why the uplode speed is so low maybe that can be the problem

so i was thinking, if we call that guy to come over and make our internet fester what exactly is he going to do? how can he possibly tweak it to make it fester?

He just got you to upgrade your internet plan and get a better router. Both of these you can do yourself pretty easily.

"Rawr XD"

Upload speeds are almost always much lower than download speeds, with the exception if you have fiberglass. (LIKE ME LOL PC MASTERRACE).

But your speeds are totally fine for gaming.

You can't increase it past your internet package limits, the only way you could increase the speed without upgrading that is if you replaced old hardware that was bottlenecking your network.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

sorry, but someone had to do it ,*Faster *told. but anyways, there is no way to "tweak" your internet to make it faster, dont call him. you did yourself a huge favor by upgrading your internet speeds.

You got trolled bud, its a good thing you asked before calling him. 

To answer your question, He would have shown up slapped a tracer on your line charged you a butt load of money and left laughing all the way home while having access to all your internet accessed stuff, e.g. bank accts, game accts, etc.

These guys are scammers and the guy at the store is his line man, there to set you up so it feels legit.

-Always be sure to follow your own topics-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Upload speeds are almost always much lower than download speeds, with the exception if you have fiberglass. (LIKE ME LOL PC MASTERRACE).

But your speeds are totally fine for gaming.

Fiberglass? uhhhh no.

Fiberglass? uhhhh no.

I don't know english okay easy on me

I don't know english okay easy on me

Fibre Optic :) But don't worry about it. He knew what you meant.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

@saiftech

He cannot do anything. Basically, all he told you to do was get better internet and a better router. You did those on your own. Any "tweaks" that will "speed up" your internet, are snake oil. I highly suggest you do not call him - especially if he will charge you for it.

BTW when your Internet package is "50 Mbps", the "50" only refers to download speed. Your Upload speed is an entirely different rating. It might be the same speed (unlikely), but more likely, it's quite a bit lower.

The speed you got via the speedtest seems spot on. Your connection is mostly 50/10 - which means 50 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload.

Your speed is great for gaming and light-to-moderate usage for a family.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)