Some weird RAM problems (8gb recognized in BIOS, 16 installed)

Hello, 

I have a pc with a:
Asrock x99m Killer
16gb of Adata Z1
Gigabyte 750ti
Noctua U14s
Raidmax Hybrid 530w

This is my primary rendering workstation and I have been having some troubles. 

I had some problems setting this pc up (error codes, ram problems), but eventually I got all 16gb to show up and everything was great.

I recently moved the pc downstairs (I'm moving my desk/work area.) I could not boot the pc up (error code B7 or 67) I removed all DIMMS except for 1 and cleared CMOS. I was able to get into Windows (10, 10240), but when I tried to open Chrome, the entire pc froze, audio stopped, and i could not move the mouse (I was at 100% stock speeds too). I do not know if it would have ever gotten to BSOD, I reset it immediately. When I got into the the BIOS, it only recognized 8gb of ram. I got back into Windows and it crashed one more time. And again, only 8gb of ram. I removed two DIMMS (the ones far from the i/o and it would not boot. Something is wrong with the two slots next to the i/o, the have always worked in the past. If it hangs up, I can't boot into the os (error 67/b7) and I have to switch to the 2nd BIOS on the board, boot, and switch back again. It's infuriating.

This is extremely frustrating, the crashing and ram issues. I am on my 3rd boot into Windows after crashes and it hasn't crashed yet. This is my work pc and I want to fix it so I can get back to work. 

It hangs up and crashes all the time gives me error code 67/b7 and refuses to boot. Going in cycles. I always have to reset everything. It's such a hassle, this Mobo, please help! 

I can barely get to the OS 5/6 times it crashes, I've lost the ability to reset CMOS using the i/o button. SO MUCH IS WRONG!

Thank you so much for any help you can give.

- a friend in need :)

Try using http://www.memtest86.com/. There is a USB bootable version that you can use. Just download the USB bootable version, write it to a USB drive, and choose the USB drive as the boot drive. It should show 0 errors if the RAM is good. You could try with all sticks first to see if anything has errors, but if it reports any errors, you would need to test with 1 stick in the system at a time to determine which stick has the errors.

The good thing is most RAM has a lifetime warranty if it shows errors on this!

If there's no errors, then maybe the RAM is not from the same kit and having compatibility issues (not that common anymore, but still can happen).

Or it could be a motherboard issue. I'm not sure if memtest would show this or not. Might be worth checking a stick in the slots that you think are working and then in the slots you think aren't working. If it shows 0 errors in one slot, but errors in the other slot, then the motherboard slot may be bad. Not really sure though if the results would happen like this from a bad motherboard slot.

Try using http://www.memtest86.com/. There is a USB bootable version that you can use. Just download the USB bootable version, write it to a USB drive, and choose the USB drive as the boot drive. It should show 0 errors if the RAM is good. You could try with all sticks first to see if anything has errors, but if it reports any errors, you would need to test with 1 stick in the system at a time to determine which stick has the errors.

The good thing is most RAM has a lifetime warranty if it shows errors on this!

If there's no errors, then maybe the RAM is not from the same kit and having compatibility issues (not that common anymore, but still can happen).

It's all Adata XPG Z1. I cycled the ram through all of the slots and it all works fine. The problem is that I can install all 16gb. It won't boot or only 8gb is recognized. It's sort of like 2 of the slots are broken, or the CPU mem controller isn't working