FOV issues

Dimetime35c

I've always been VERY sensitive to the FOV in any game I play. If the FOV is to narrow I get motion sickness after about 5mins. Now I've started noticing I'm getting sick from games I use to be fine with in terms of FOV=( I'm wondering if there is something I can do that will help with this. Idk what has changed but I've always been fine with most games FOV above 90. Now even in warcraft after 5mins I'm starting to feel sick and I'm not able to keep playing. I messed with the settings on my tv a little but only changing brightness and contrast.

I've always been VERY sensitive to the FOV in any game I play. If the FOV is to narrow I get motion sickness after about 5mins. Now I've started noticing I'm getting sick from games I use to be fine with in terms of FOV=( I'm wondering if there is something I can do that will help with this. Idk what has changed but I've always been fine with most games FOV above 90. Now even in warcraft after 5mins I'm starting to feel sick and I'm not able to keep playing. I messed with the settings on my tv a little but only changing brightness and contrast.

Usually you can adjust the FOV in game. It would help to know what games you want to adjust the FOV on.

My Rig

CPU: i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz | Motherboard: Asrock Z87 Extreme4 | Hyper XFury 16GB(2x8) and 1x8GB G.Skill =24GB GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 O.C.ed | Case: N600 Coolermaster Storage: 1x3TB 7200RPM, 1x320GB 7200RPM, 1x750GB 5400RPM, 1x500GB Evo 850 SSD, 1x1TB = 5.67TB | PSU: 750 Watt PSU Displays: 2x23 inch LG23M45 60hz 1080p + 1 QNIX QX2710 (O.C.ed)100hz 1440p | Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blues | Cooling: Stock | Mouse: Redragon Perdition Sound: Sades SA-708 Headset | Operating System: Windows 8

Ask me about my photography!

Usually you can adjust the FOV in game. It would help to know what games you want to adjust the FOV on.

There's not any game in general. All my games I've got are above 90fov sense as I said I'm unable to play at a lower FOV. Its just for some reason now I'm starting to get the motion sickness in games that are 90fov or above. I'm wondering if there is anything I that could help that besides taking breaks. Like any setting on my tv I can change to make it not as bad?

There's not any game in general. All my games I've got are above 90fov sense as I said I'm unable to play at a lower FOV. Its just for some reason now I'm starting to get the motion sickness in games that are 90fov or above. I'm wondering if there is anything I that could help that besides taking breaks. Like any setting on my tv I can change to make it not as bad?

What fps are you getting?

My Rig

CPU: i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz | Motherboard: Asrock Z87 Extreme4 | Hyper XFury 16GB(2x8) and 1x8GB G.Skill =24GB GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 O.C.ed | Case: N600 Coolermaster Storage: 1x3TB 7200RPM, 1x320GB 7200RPM, 1x750GB 5400RPM, 1x500GB Evo 850 SSD, 1x1TB = 5.67TB | PSU: 750 Watt PSU Displays: 2x23 inch LG23M45 60hz 1080p + 1 QNIX QX2710 (O.C.ed)100hz 1440p | Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blues | Cooling: Stock | Mouse: Redragon Perdition Sound: Sades SA-708 Headset | Operating System: Windows 8

Maybe if you have too high brigtness or its by playing on a TV  maybe. Its not really the best if we say so since TV's arn't made for FPS above like 48 or really fast paced movments.

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

No its not an fps issue! FOV means field of view, I'm not having issues with the fps sense most of my games I can care less. Please I'm asking for help and if you don't want to at least google what FOV means if you don't know then don't comment. There's a HUGE difference between FOV and FPS!

Your profile says you're gaming on a 39" TV.. Motion sickness can* sometimes be caused by sitting too close to a large screen, especially if it's low resolution. If you're sitting fairly close to your screen, I might suggest switching to 27" 1440p monitor (high refresh rate if you can).

Your 980TI will run games excellently at 1440p, and the better pixel density, refresh rate, and response time may* help with the motionsickness.. 

*Your mileage may vary.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

No its not an fps issue! FOV means field of view, I'm not having issues with the fps sense most of my games I can care less. Please I'm asking for help and if you don't want to at least google what FOV means if you don't know then don't comment. There's a HUGE difference between FOV and FPS!

We know, but the effect can be intensified by about a 100 ways.

Things that help decrease motion sickness:

-Small screen (22inch, 24 would be okay too I guess).

-High refresh rate (120 or 144).

-Sufficient ambient lighting, so your screen doesn't glow against the background.

-Turning motion blur off.

-Screens with low input lag (144 hz screens have low input lag most of the time).

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Lel I know exactly what FOV means I know more about this stuff than you would think but, that doesn't matter I'm trying to help you. Motion sickness can be caused by choppy frame rates it can also be caused by turning really quickly in games and your lighting in the room. There's a lot of things that can cause it. Its probably not your FOV.

My Rig

Lel I know exactly what FOV means I know more about this stuff than you would think but, that doesn't matter I'm trying to help you. Motion sickness can be caused by choppy frame rates it can also be caused by turning really quickly in games and your lighting in the room. There's a lot of things that can cause it. Its probably not your FOV.

Wasn't directed at you dude no worries. I was just pissed at someone else. Tired of the people not understanding what the issues are and trying to talk outta there ass.

Wasn't directed at you dude no worries. I was just pissed at someone else. Tired of the people not understanding what the issues are and trying to talk outta there ass.

Ah cool cool. So did you ever get it figured out?

My Rig

Ah cool cool. So did you ever get it figured out?

no :( im having to play in 30min to 1 hour stretches at a time. i cant do more then that before i get to sick and have to stop playing.

Take a break from video games.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

Besides taking breaks, I would recommend getting a proper gaming monitor. Tvs have high response times even when tgey supposedly have high refresh rates. Linus did a nice video on thar at ncix. Those high response times add blurrines to the image which in turn cause motion sickness. Like oculus rift.

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

If you get motion sickness from warcraft (I assume WoW or even RTS?) then it could be motion blur or low fps. Maybe you just have such severe motion sickness that you can't play video games in general without experiencing it.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

If you get motion sickness from warcraft (I assume WoW or even RTS?) then it could be motion blur or low fps. Maybe you just have such severe motion sickness that you can't play video games in general without experiencing it.

That's the thing its never really effected me before. I was messing around with my tvs setting trying to get it to look better and idk what I changed???? I have most of my setting maxed out except for brightness.