Smallest mATX case to fit full height GPU

PudgyAstronaut

I am considering putting together a budget rig for hooking up to a TV and LAN events. I already have a mATX H81 board I got for a steal, so I am building around that and a slim blueray drive from a laptop. Originally I was going to go with a slim case and basically just build a blueray player that also happened to be a full windows PC, but I am thinking I may as well throw a GPU in there and don't like the limited options for low profile cards. Is there anything really tiny that's mATX and fits full height cards? ATX PSU would be a bonus too.

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

node 304, ncase m1

node 304 is mITX not mATX correct? I would love something that size or like the Cooler Master cases that are a similar footprint to the node 304 but I don't think any of them accept mATX which is ahame since this mobo is a super tiny mATX board, basically just an mITX with enough extra length for another PCI slot

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

Parvum if you have a ton of money for your budget build.

Silverstone SG03?

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

I have a Silverstone SG10, it's small with excellent cooling. Though your slim blu-ray drive will only work if it's a slot loader.

Silverstone SG03?

Ooh I like the case, but $100 might be a stretch. Also wish it had a slim ODD slot but I guess an adapter would work.

I have a Silverstone SG10, it's small with excellent cooling. Though your slim blu-ray drive will only work if it's a slot loader.

Unfortunately it isn't. And maybe I am asking for too much here and should either get an mITX board or settle for a slim case with no GPU or a low profile one. I already have a Node 804 for my main rig, but was hoping I could find something much smaller than that even just to mess around with. The SG10 is one of the best pieces of engineering I have seen so I am sure it represents the lower bound of size for a mATX case that fits standard parts.

I am considering putting together a budget rig for hooking up to a TV and LAN events. I already have a mATX H81 board I got for a steal, so I am building around that and a slim blueray drive from a laptop. Originally I was going to go with a slim case and basically just build a blueray player that also happened to be a full windows PC, but I am thinking I may as well throw a GPU in there and don't like the limited options for low profile cards. Is there anything really tiny that's mATX and fits full height cards? ATX PSU would be a bonus too.

Bitfenix Pandora?

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Unfortunately it isn't. And maybe I am asking for too much here and should either get an mITX board or settle for a slim case with no GPU or a low profile one. I already have a Node 804 for my main rig, but was hoping I could find something much smaller than that even just to mess around with. The SG10 is one of the best pieces of engineering I have seen so I am sure it represents the lower bound of size for a mATX case that fits standard parts.

Maybe not the smallest case but i think it's pretty compelling for your purposes. A bit pricey tho

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/silverstone-case-tj08be

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Bitfenix Pandora?

That's a sexy looking case, but really only impressive in one dimension and no odd unfortunately... basically this thread is confirming the fact that I can probably just look at Silverstone haha. I think the SG11B might be the one if I can catch it one sale, and I would need a cheap 5.25" to slim adapter.

That's a sexy looking case, but really only impressive in one dimension and no odd unfortunately... basically this thread is confirming the fact that I can probably just look at Silverstone haha. I think the SG11B might be the one if I can catch it one sale, and I would need a cheap 5.25" to slim adapter.

Silverstone is the ruler of SFF, just...not the most budget friendly. Slim is 3,5'' or 2,5''? Probably startech has both, they make every adaptor and cable that you could possibly need

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HLZXH2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3AXA824GAKC27&coliid=I2YYQPLDVXN3LF

Not sure if that's what u need tho

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Silverstone is the ruler of SFF, just...not the most budget friendly. Slim is 3,5'' or 2,5''? Probably startech has both, they make every adaptor and cable that you could possibly need

Well the SG11B has been on sale for $70 I think which might be doable, it's $81 now. Also it is still 5.25", just thinner, so I might be better off selling the odd and buying a regular one, the adapters I found are expensive. Now to see if I can justify a $275 toy...

Well the SG11B has been on sale for $70 I think which might be doable, it's $81 now. Also it is still 5.25", just thinner, so I might be better off selling the odd and buying a regular one, the adapters I found are expensive. Now to see if I can justify a $275 toy...

ahhh got ya

Has some extra stuff, can't find a simple metal bracket...frustrating

http://www.amazon.com/Syba-Adapter-Optical-Drive-SY-MRA55005/dp/B0081IOSOW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1438368488&sr=8-3&keywords=slim+dvd+adapter

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Yep that's the one I found as well, but when you can probably buy a faster bluray reader for $40-$45 these days than the one I have I don't know it it's worth getting that.

Yep that's the one I found as well, but when you can probably buy a faster bluray reader for $40-$45 these days than the one I have I don't know it it's worth getting that.

Yeah, sell the one you got, and i got a blue ray reader  which i honestly have never used, you need it for watching movies? cause DVD readers are much cheaper, and i've never used my blue ray reader on a blue ray....

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Yeah, sell the one you got, and i got a blue ray reader  which i honestly have never used, you need it for watching movies? cause DVD readers are much cheaper, and i've never used my blue ray reader on a blue ray....

Yeah, I have a pretty nice setup as my main rig, this one would be a bluray player/ media machine and for light gaming, although I am starting to lean toward using the mobo for a mini-arcade cabinet. Sporadic, I know...

• 5 months later...

I had the same proplem a while ago and I got mad because I didn't want to buy a case that cost the same price of my GPU/CPU, I've found this:

http://www.vultech.it/it/163-case-micro-atx-vultech-gs-2490-con-alimentatore-500w-e-card-reader-integrato-8057284620419.html

For 40$ you buy the case with an included 500w PSU(micro atx) (they also sell 600W PSUs on their site)

Not the most gorgeus case but it fits everything you need.

mATX cases are generally not all that small - not only being made for full height GPUs, but also for full length GPUs.

I'd agree, that if your goal is small, them mITX is the way to go.

"Silverstone, ruler of sff"

Hahahaha, BitFenix Prodigy sold more in 2012 alone than all of Silverstones portfolio did in 5 years.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.