Over Clocking CPU Temps on I5-2500k

Top myself i would get a Heat sink before I overclocked. Seeing at though this is the first time I have applied thermal paste myself, and installed my Hyper 212 Evo with hardly a glance atr the directions (not completely true) - I am concerned about my temps before I overclock.

Using Speccy to monitor my temps and Prime95 to stress test it overnight, 0 Errors on Speccy over 8 hours, and average temp at stress was 53-55C. This of course, was to make sure that my temps are consistent with what you would expect from a heat sink and cpu running at stock clocking.

No website however, seems to want to tell me what temps I should expect if I overclock. I realize that this is subjective (That my CPU's max temp is 99C, and I shouldn't go above 80C). But what do you feel is a comfortable temp for it reach when overclocking. Also, software to overclock would be nice. It would save my the effert of researching that. But primary, before I overclock, what should I be prepared for in terms of temperatures?

I plan on overclocking to 4.0ghz (for stock 3.3), maybe up to 4.2.

Top myself i would get a Heat sink before I overclocked. Seeing at though this is the first time I have applied thermal paste myself, and installed my Hyper 212 Evo with hardly a glance atr the directions (not completely true) - I am concerned about my temps before I overclock.

Using Speccy to monitor my temps and Prime95 to stress test it overnight, 0 Errors on Speccy over 8 hours, and average temp at stress was 53-55C. This of course, was to make sure that my temps are consistent with what you would expect from a heat sink and cpu running at stock clocking.

No website however, seems to want to tell me what temps I should expect if I overclock. I realize that this is subjective (That my CPU's max temp is 99C, and I shouldn't go above 80C). But what do you feel is a comfortable temp for it reach when overclocking. Also, software to overclock would be nice. It would save my the effert of researching that. But primary, before I overclock, what should I be prepared for in terms of temperatures?

I plan on overclocking to 4.0ghz (for stock 3.3), maybe up to 4.2.

OC software is called BIOS, you get it by hitting del/fkey during boot :)

55C looks perfectly fine i would say it's fine to go a head and try an overclock

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´