Question about Vram

I have two gtx 660`s in SLI. I know that vram doesn`t stack, so how is it possible that GTA V says that i have 4 Gb of vram and while playing GTA V and MSI Afterburner hardware monitor says that i use 3100 Mb of my real 2 Gb? I do get fps drops when vram usage goes over 3300 Mb, but still how is it possible?

Because it doubles things up by recognizing you do have 4 gigs of VRAM, but can't use it, the information is doubled across the cards and that's how it's shown.

thats an issue with gta. happens to loads.

ps never buy ark survival, i have a 970 and it says i use 4.5gb of vram on a 4gb card, no stuttering just low fps.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

Yes, i understand that but how is it possible that i use more vram than i have?

Yes, i understand that but how is it possible that i use more vram than i have?

memory leak, i believe.

or the fact that gta is broken and thinks you have 4gb.

gta is very very demanding, i play with 2xmsaa ultra with some things on high and use 2.9 Gb.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

Gta is expecting that i would use about 5Gb out of my 4Gb of vram. (luckily thats not true)

Yeah GTA claims funny things when you run crossfire. When I had 2 7970's running it claimed double aswell, I just had to make sure its estimate for VRAM usage was within the actual memory available to me.