Fix for if .avi files don't play [Windows 10]

DarkEnergy

I noticed if I try to play any .avi video file I get sound but no video. Considering I did a clean install of Windows 10, I don't think I will be the only one. There are 2 ways that I know of currently to fix this. 

1: Use VLC. Some people prefer VLC over Window's video player anyway.

Or

2: Download and install the k-Lite video codec. This not only will fix the video not playing but will also support playing other media files. 

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Your obviously missing video for windows codecs in 10 which honestly doesn't surprise me

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

this has been an issue for a long time. not just Win 10.  depending on how the .avi was encoded, you need different codecs that WMP doesnt have. klite is pretty cool and fixes most issue. but using VLC really is the best option, i havent run into anything that it cant play. (i have had files unable to play even with klite)

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.