The Compensator Build Log

Totally ripped of my pcie cables, also in the double wide lian li case. Just saying.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

128GB DDR4 RAM?! That's overkill and waste of money for gaming only.

To be a bit fair, this is also a bit of a future proofing rig.  Had all of this stuff came out a year ago when I was looking for a gaming rig, I would take a chance and build my own.

Dat case........omg. Want.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

If you are doing an overkill, silly build, then I think you should populate all SATA ports too.

At the very least put 4 HDDs in it so you can evaluate what happens to the case when multiple spinning disks are vibrating it...

That at least would be interesting for me. (I have 6 HDD (+SSD) and my build's cost is a fraction of this. But I had to build custom suspension for my HDDs, cause even the 2 mm thick steel case cannot handle the vibration.)

And how about a sound card?

Or are motherboard's just so good these days? (I have seen the aFaP video.)

Could you throw in an RMAA graph or two? (Cause that's not my experience, my Xonar sounds definitely better than my z97-a)

Oh my goodness, that is the best looking Lian Li case I have ever seen!!

I know not everybody likes it, but I`m in love.

You never know until tomorrow how today will go.

So i recently bought my carbide Air 540 and now Lian Li come out with dis case...Now i need to buy their case! 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Compensating for what now.......?

snapshot20080116022022nf7.3923_zpsiksqvz

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

What did we learn? Prototype builds on the motherboard box before putting everything together

This is so crazy! And the case looks amazing

The case is Lian Li PC-08. It comes with 2 Tempered glass walls. It should be in stores soon.
The RGB is an optional add on, the 3 knobs control it.
Luke doesn't know how to use the 3 knobs :)

The link goes to the q08, not the same. We have to wait just a bit more before everyone can buy one. Sorry.

http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-o8/

Ok so I finally found out that the Lian li Case in coming to Canada August 15th ....
But how did you get your hands on a fractal S36 ?
Can we import it in any way ??

Also,128gb on a 64gb max MB+CPU..

EDIT:
Never mind I found it on Amazon UK

I love the case, but what is it?

Edit: I would love to see a Compensator 1.5 with watercooled Titans.

I would love to see this also.

Does anyone know if the Lian Li PC08 is available for purchase in Australia? I can't find it anywhere 

i7 2600k @ 4.5Ghz, MSI z77 mPower motherboard, Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1600mhz, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Edition x2 SLI, Fractal Design Arc Midi R2, Samsung 840EVO 120GB SSD, WD Black 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, Antec High Current Gamer 950w, Samsung 23 inch 3D LED Monitor Series 9 (S23A950) x2, Corsair H100i, Steeleseries SHIFT, Steeleseries Sensei.

Can someone please make this on pcpartpicker? I'm trying to but im getting compatibility errors.

So now that this case is somewhat more widely available, I'm definitely thinking of picking it up in my next round of upgrades. The idle GPU temps were a bit scary in Luke's build, but that's to be expected when running 4 Titan X's on top of each other. Given how much cooler the bottom one was running, I can't help but think that the fans on the upper cards were getting choked by the cards beneath them, since there was very little room between the cards for the fans to draw any air. I'd imagine 1 or 2 cards with waterblocks on them, using a triple rad in the front and a double up top would perform worlds better at both idle and load.

I'd absolutely love to see a return to this case, with a focus on high end watercooling performance. After all, it has been some time since we've had any kind of custom liquid cooling video, hasn't it, @LinusTech ? ;)

He didnt wanna smudge the finish of the case, as for the specific gloves Ive got no idea.

I would more say anti static

I would more say anti static

Ermm he literally said in the video that he didnt want to smudge the case and thats why he wore them, but k

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Really sexy!

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!