The Compensator Build Log

That costs more than my house.

O.o

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

LMG: taking things to overkill status so you don't have to.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Luke should install a $1,500 custom water cooling loop in it. That will be epic. 

128GB DDR4 RAM?! That's overkill and waste of money for gaming only.

But the other part selections aren't? Clearly this is for bragging rights, even evidinced by the name. Linus did a video that basically questioned whether anything over 64GB actually benefits editing yet, but if you can fill up the mobo and want to I guess you have the right.

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

128GB of ram? Does this actually work with 5960X? Intel specs say that maximum ram is 64GB. 

Thats why they said that Asus helped them and the custom bios will be soon made available for everyone (or at least all Asus boards).

And for everyone who says 5960X is overkill, you need that kind of CPU to keep 4 Titan X feed with data.

128GB DDR4 RAM?! That's overkill and waste of money for gaming only.

That's the point.

"LTT's official.."STOP. I promise you aren't LTT's official bagel eater or whatever. Trust me. 

"The Compensator" - Ha! That is brilliant <3 Large sack of internet points to whomever conjured that up   :wub:

anyone knows where to get this case and how much it costs?

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

anyone knows where to get this case and how much it costs?

It's Lian Li ... So get your credit card/debbit card ...

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Thats why they said that Asus helped them and the custom bios will be soon made available for everyone (or at least all Asus boards).

Yeah, I just want to know if the maximum memory was limited to 64GB or was the whole 128GB usable. The 3DMark result shows only 4x8GB modules, but that's not necessarily a reliable info.

I love the case, but what is it?

Edit: I would love to see a Compensator 1.5 with watercooled Titans.

Yeah, they could probably have burned more than another Titan X worth of money on watercooling parts by watercooling stuff that doesn't need it like the RAM, CPU VRMs and chipset (multiplexers?) too.

That Lian Li case... SOO SEXY

He didnt wanna smudge the finish of the case, as for the specific gloves Ive got no idea.

I do want to know about the gloves too. Like, are they made of an isolating material or something? Or was it just to avoid fingerprints on the case?

Where can i find that PC-08 case with the glass in front and on the sides? I am only seeing the metal one that looks like one of shaquille o'neal's shoe boxes.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Dat case tho. 

Tried to find it but I guess it's not out yet or something. I woudl definitely replace my h440 with that thing. 

This video really needs a "1.5" version that is watercooled and overclocked. Then compare both. This video felt really quick.

Where do I find the Fractal Design Kelvin series coolers to buy?

Chopsticks! Why didn't I think of that?

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

The real question is would you rather have this or skunkworks..... for me skunkworks...

IMHO lian li cases are way overrated, and custom watercooling>4th titan x.

Your thoughts?

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

It doesn't compensate enough. Needs to have everything Watercooled w/ 2880m^2 of radiators.

E-peen still feels small otherwise.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

This was a fun/extreme video.... I hope to see some more realistic z170, Skylake build logs (like the earlier ones where Linus discussed what parts and why and went step by step through the build process) in the near future, hopefully focused on performance for price at around $1500.

Overkill - definitely

Best for money - definitely

Waste of money for JUST gaming - definitely

4 980Ti would be better.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Is this gonna be the render server or just for shits and giggles?

more for giggles and tests, this wouldn't be a good redner server at all

May the light have your back and your ISO low.