Hi there everyone, I hope this is the right section to be posting this, if not I am sorry. So in a month or so I will be leaving to go to the UK for school for a couple of years, it is a boarding school and we are required to use school internet. I have done basic research into finding out how to bypass firewalls set in place and I have come to the conclusion that I am going to use a VPN service to try and bypass the blocks set in place. I am going to use https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/ a paid vpn service. Now I just wanted to know if this will work, and if so would there be anything special I would need to do in order to not get the vpn service blocked. Please feel free to discuss what might work if the vpn service will not work. Thanks and have a great day!!!!

FYI I will need access for applications such as teamspeak and game servers that I play on. 

*For Windows

Hi there everyone, I hope this is the right section to be posting this, if not I am sorry. So in a month or so I will be leaving to go to the UK for school for a couple of years, it is a boarding school and we are required to use school internet. I have done basic research into finding out how to bypass firewalls set in place and I have come to the conclusion that I am going to use a VPN service to try and bypass the blocks set in place. I am going to use https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/ a paid vpn service. Now I just wanted to know if this will work, and if so would there be anything special I would need to do in order to not get the vpn service blocked. Please feel free to discuss what might work if the vpn service will not work. Thanks and have a great day!!!!

Well my school just blocked the protocol all together, and attempting to use one gets tracked. Not sure about your school though.

Human intelligence decreases with increasing proximity to oncoming traffic.

theres a chrome extension called ultrasurf

worked well for me on a lot of networks

Well my school just blocked the protocol all together, and attempting to use one gets tracked. Not sure about your school though.

SAMME

theres a chrome extension called ultrasurf

worked well for me on a lot of networks

I also need it for things like teamspeak and game servers which I will want to use in my free time. So I am looking for a universal solution not limited to 1 applicaton

I had a VPN while in school for a bit, it did not work at all on the schools network. And my schools network controls were SUPER lax

damn , its weird in your countries.

I have my schools wifi password

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

damn , its weird in your countries.

I have my schools wifi password

Who doesn't? Doesn't mean they can't restrict what you view

Most schools block vpn like mine does, try a proxy or VNC to ur home pc and use it. 

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

What if you use a vpn (which is encrypted)? 

Most schools block vpn like mine does, try a proxy or VNC to ur home pc and use it. 

I mean they will block the major vpn providers but maybe try a less known vpn provider.?

How about TOR?

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

How about TOR?

I don't mind tor, its just if my school comes to me and asks wtf I am doing with an encrypted connection, tor isn't going to sound very good if I tell them thats what I am using...

I don't mind tor, its just if my school comes to me and asks wtf I am doing with an encrypted connection, tor isn't going to sound very good if I tell them thats what I am using...

TOR Just looks like Firefox.

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

I bet they'll use Smoothwall. Everywhere uses Smoothwall. Even my library uses Smoothwall.

If so, anything would work, but I'd use Hotspot Shield, having had good experience with it myself.

UltraSurf is one of the best ways to bypass school security.

But obtaining it is the hard part, more or less you'll need to download it onto a USB and then place it into a hidden folder.

No VPN is required.

Although I'm a cheeky little sod and noticed my head-teacher typing in the administrator password and now I can download anything I want.

Downloaded an emulator for PS1/PS2 so that I could play RE2/3

UltraSurf is one of the best ways to bypass school security.

But obtaining it is the hard part, more or less you'll need to download it onto a USB and then place it into a hidden folder.

No VPN is required.

Although I'm a cheeky little sod and noticed my head-teacher typing in the administrator password and now I can download anything I want.

Downloaded an emulator for PS1/PS2 so that I could play RE2/3

is ultra surf something I could use out of browser also?

Depending on the school and where you are from, many schools use something called EDURoam which makes it hard to connect to some VPN services that do not use obfuscation. PIA is really good to get around with this but not sure its good for gaming or not another option is IPVanish specially for gaming.

I will have a look at that, thanks a lot for replying and providing the input!

is ultra surf something I could use out of browser also?

Yes, its not a browser extension and an application that allows you to access websites that're blocked by your schools security.

Some vpn's allow you to use port 443 which is the normal https port that can't be blocked, making blocking vpn's almost impossible.

At my school we have team viewer on our pc's, so I just installed it on my home PC, and volia, you connect and use your PC! Probe won't work in your case though.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd