Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus- Battery Life (Owners Wanted Please)

I am looking for a replacement to my LG G3 for the sake of battery life. I have been a pretty dedicated Android user since my first smartphone but am willing to tolerate Apple and it's nonsense for the amazing battery life that the 6 Plus offers. My sister has one and regularly get's two days on her with heavy usage. However I would like to stick to Android if possible and wondering if the Note 4, if anyone has one, will give me something similar to the 6 Plus, I can easily install Google Now Launcher over TouchWiz. 

Please don't tell me to wait until the Note 5 is released in two weeks or the 6s Plus will be here in a month, because I don't want to pay $200 more for specs, and a nonexistent battery upgrade.  

iphone will do better at idling but samsung will probs have better battery life overall due to the sheer size of it

iphone will do better at idling but samsung will probs have better battery life overall due to the sheer size of it

They're battery capacities are within 300mah, but I was looking for those who own either device. Thanks though!

-snip-

I have the Note 4 and my coworker has the 6+, I can go all day with my charge and she has to charge it at least once more before we leave the office at around 6pm. The thing about your sisters iphone running straight for 2 days I don't believe it. That, or you are lying about the heavy usage part.

They're battery capacities are within 300mah, but I was looking for those who own either device. Thanks though!

iphone 6 lasts my dad the entire day unlike his 6 but he uses it literally ALL the time.

How much do you care about size? The droid turbo and xperia z3 have great battery, though are a bit hard to get. Of the note 4 and iphone 6+, they will be similar, but you could make the note 4 last longer with a custom ROM.

Say that again...

I meant 6 plus but yeah it does.. He charges it for like 30 minutes while he drives but I don't think that would be enough to change much.

Well, on some custom ROMs, my Note 4 estimates itself that it can live for 3 days on standby. I would suggest to install a custom ROM, stock TouchWiz is horrible, but has nice features.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Well, on some custom ROMs, my Note 4 estimates itself that it can live for 3 days on standby. I would suggest to install a custom ROM, stock TouchWiz is horrible, but has nice features.

Custom ROM? You know the energy saving feature can have it on stanby for like 2 weeks right? 

I have the Note 4 and my coworker has the 6+, I can go all day with my charge and she has to charge it at least once more before we leave the office at around 6pm. The thing about your sisters iphone running straight for 2 days I don't believe it. That, or you are lying about the heavy usage part.

I'm not going to take that insult personally. So here is the proof... https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6LDhQDByUfdZ2RQMjBXOUg2VmJzaEI3bEJoeWdkTVR5MkFn/view?usp=sharing

However I wanted to know what you do with your phone while at the office, and what percentage do you leave with during the day, and how is it's standby when at home. 

That's why I said to put on the Google Launcher with the Super power saver mode. 

I'm not going to take that insult personally. So here is the proof... https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6LDhQDByUfdZ2RQMjBXOUg2VmJzaEI3bEJoeWdkTVR5MkFn/view?usp=sharing

However I wanted to know what you do with your phone while at the office, and what percentage do you leave with during the day, and how is it's standby when at home. 

Strange, I check facebook like a lot, some youtube videos, heavy whatsapp, some calls and text messages, check my email several times, surf Newegg, amazon and LTT. I leave the office with around 40% and I can run that 40 until I hit the bed, then I charge it. 

Strange, I check facebook like a lot, some youtube videos, heavy whatsapp, some calls and text messages, check my email several times, surf Newegg, amazon and LTT. I leave the office with around 40% and I can run that 40 until I hit the bed, then I charge it. 

Well as we all know if you wanna run a benchmark for a phone battery Facebook is the app to try it with  :D  :D  :D

But, yeah it might also be the service she gets at work, could be different from your's (different carriers with different coverage). 

But this is why I'm so on the fence, IOS just seems to be too walled off of a garden, meanwhile Android just has such possibility. Although there is still jailbreaking on the iPhone and at this point I'm really just looking for it to last days with heavy use and not tell me I can't do something when I ask it to. 

Custom ROM? You know the energy saving feature can have it on stanby for like 2 weeks right? 

The point of that feature is rather weird, it renders your smartphone not so smart anymore by disabling everything else, just as good as getting some $50 phone from a convenience store.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Price is a huge thing. Android phones prices keep going down every now and then and the phones are good too. Apple on the other hand makes essentially the same phone every year and always overprice it. Even to this day, the 6 plus costs around $800+ tax

The point of that feature is rather weird, it renders your smartphone not so smart anymore by disabling everything else, just as good as getting some $50 phone from a convenience store.

And the ROM doesn't disable a thing? I've never tried ROMs only Cyanogenmod stable releases.

I have a note 4 and the battery usually lasts me an entire day. I've only had about 2 instances in the 10 months of use where it has died before getting home to charge it. I am a light to medium user. I only use it for web browsing, social media, music streaming, and online video. I don't play very many games or run any intense applications that drain the battery very fast. I charge my phone every night, leave the house at 9am and get home at about 10pm everyday. 

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop