Windows 10 Disappointments...

LittleCarrot

What are your Windows 10 Disappointments?

Mine is the Edge Browser, buggy piece of SHIT.

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

Mine is having to disable one of the cores on the G3258, some people get away with it on a Z97 board.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Mine is having to disable one of the cores on the G3258 if you don't have a Z series board.

what? O.o

Mines that my CPU died a week ago and I still haven't gotten a new one :c

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Mine is the inability to update to it despite forcing it using "wuauclt.exe /updatenow"

The fact that this forum is now flooded with Windows 10 threads every other thread asking the same or similar questions. Might as well be used for official Microsoft forums xD

I actually miss the old Metro menu. I know there's one with windows 10, but it isn't nearly as good as it was in 8.1. I liked having all my applications somewhere ready to go at any time without minimizing windows. oh well.

Project Tomahawk:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

Memory: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 Mhz

GPU: Asus Strix RX 480

PSU: Corsair RM1000

Storage: 2x Western Digital 2TB Enterprise + 240GB Crucial M500 SSD

Case: Corsair Air 540

Additional: Cablemod C-Series black/red kit, SP120, AF140 and AF140 w/ red LED's all around

Project Frankenstein:

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX 6100

Motherboard: MSI 970 SLI Krait Edition

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Memory: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866 Mhz

GPU: MSI R9 280 3G Twin Frozr

PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W

Storage: Western Digital 1TB Enterprise + 240GB Partiot Torch SSD

Case: Fractal Design Define S

Sheila (Server):

Spoiler

Dell R210:
CPU: Intel Xeon x3450

Memory: 12GB Crucial ECC 1600 Mhz

Storage: Seagate 3TB Constellation 

Marvin (Server)

Spoiler

Dell R210ii

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1230v2

Memory: 12GB Crucial ECC 1600Mhz

Storage: Seagate 3TB Constellation

Mine is having to disable one of the cores on the G3258, some people get away with it on a Z97 board.

lol 

1 core? hahah

System: Thinkpad T460

Mine was the start menu. Can't pin programs to left side of the menu, only as tiles.

Thankfully, ClassicShell and Start10 are here. And Start10's menu looks better than Windows 7's IMO.

I wish I could uninstall IE11 and Cortana though with the option to reinstall, I don't want stuff I don't use atm on my computer as a habit.

Finally, the search service on Windows 10 for the bar on the task bar uses up too much CPU cycles. My chess score fell like 3% from that, so I disabled it. Start10's start menu has a Windows 7-like search that doesn't eat up cycles.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

what? O.o

Oh yes, I've faced it my self on my HTPC and someone on the recent topics list is having the same issue, you can disable a core but you have to keep it disabled even after installing and wait for a fix.

https://www.google.co.nz/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=g3258+windows+10&tbs=qdr:w

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Overall been pretty impressed so far, everything is running smooth as shit, even new style apps are snappy and usable on desktop.

Only disappointment is how certain things are obscured. Creating something like a new local user for the first time, was a bit of a pain to find, you have to opt out of using a Microsoft account twice before you can do it. Just let me do that via the control panel, like usual, jeez.

I'd like the start menu to be more customisable too, especially the new stuff.

Mine is the inability to update to it despite forcing it using "wuauclt.exe /updatenow"

Don't force it, wait. 

you need to wait till ms has confirmed drivers are ok.

most people bitching did force update.

lol 

1 core? hahah

My 4.4 GHz 5820K is laughing so much at my media pc right now with it's 4.2 GHz single core xD

Mine was the start menu. Can't pin programs to left side of the menu, only as tiles.

That annoyed me too, but it's essentially exactly the same thing so I can't be too mad about it.

I mostly miss the old programs menu. The new one is so unnecessarily long and cumbersome. I also hate how programs are now called "apps".

I wish I could uninstall IE11 and Cortana though with the option to reinstall, I don't want stuff I don't use atm on my computer as a habit.

Control panel > Programs & Features > Turn windows features on / off

You can remove IE11 that way.

That annoyed me too, but it's essentially exactly the same thing so I can't be too mad about it.

I mostly miss the old programs menu. The new one is so unnecessarily long and cumbersome. I also hate how programs are now called "apps".

well app is just short for application. But i feel ya, i too miss the short 5 pixel program list, now it's giant and has letter categories which i find useless

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Pros: Very fast and easy to use

Cons: I had to reinstall my internet drivers..., Cortona uses fucking bing and not google and u cant change it, I was not able to install it to my SSD.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

My only disappointment at the moment is not manually being able to set the level of transparency of the themes.

Human intelligence decreases with increasing proximity to oncoming traffic.

what pisses me off is that you cant drag and drop 'apps' to the Start menu, you have to physically right click and add them. 

It's also annoying that you cant have anything on the left.

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

CPU: Intel i7 5820K | Graphics Card: Zotac nVidia 1080 AMP!

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

Control panel > Programs & Features > Turn windows features on / off

You can remove IE11 that way.

It's not uninstalled, only not available for use.

Not kosher with my OCD.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

It's not uninstalled, only not available for use.

Not kosher with my OCD.

Yeah, fair point. Least you don't have to see it's face tho. :D

I used to always turn off IE and install Firefox on all my family members PCs, just so they couldn't use it. God it would piss me off to see them using IE after installing Firefox for them.

My friend is having major issues with his g3258. It sent him into a boot loop. Finally it started to work, and GeForce drivers are buggy as crap

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

Do you think this thread should be pinned?

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

• 4 weeks later...

windows 10 heats up my laptop and drains the battery very quickly

As one of the (by the looks if it, few) users that actually uses the advanced features, the only disappointments was the few days with out the RSAT tools.... but I had power shell so not really a big deal.