Anyone playing 4k with a single 970?

donsleeq

please let me know your performance and how you tweak your settings to get 60or close to 60fps in games

I don't personally own one but most games you should be able to get by around 60fps if you turn everything on the lowest settings. At which point I have to ask what the heck is the point... a game with fantastic graphics with some good AA is going to look better than a 4k with textures that look like mud and super jaggy shadows.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

please let me know your performance and how you tweak your settings to get 60or close to 60fps in games

Maybe minimum-medium settings depending on the game.

Though oddly enough I set DSR to 4K for skyrim, when I loaded it up with 90+ mods and max settings it was laggy AF for about a minute, then it spiked up to 50-70fps until I moved far enough, then it would drop to 10-20ish, then go back up, and interiors it worked wonderfully, it was mainly the main world that caused the lag at 4k.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

No, But I am doing a 980 if that's close (It should be)

Honestly, AAA Titles, you may just want to go by another 970. They simply are too laggy. I find myself turning down to 2560 quite often. 

Stuff like Garrys mod, CSGO or small games that dont require a lot looks beautiful and run over 200 FPS as they should. I would just google 970 on 4K and look at the numbers. 

Non demanding games: Are awesome at 4K. 

Demanding games: Go buy another 970 or something. Its not worth it. 

If your question is whether it is possible to play 4K at 60 fps on that graphics card or not, the answer is yes. The vast majority of games, the ones that are not very GPU intensive can be played perfectly fine. AAA titles and games with advanced graphics, not so much. But most games out there aren't that GPU intensive, so you would be fine, provided those are the games you want to play.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

If your question is whether it is possible to play 4K at 60 fps on that graphics card or not, the answer is yes. The vast majority of games, the ones that are not very GPU intensive can be played perfectly fine. AAA titles and games with advanced graphics, not so much. But most games out there aren't that GPU intensive, so you would be fine, provided those are the games you want to play.

yhh most of the games ill be playing aren't that much graphics intensive. . one that I play very often is fifa 15 dont you think it would run at 4k maxed out 60fps?

yhh most of the games ill be playing aren't that much graphics intensive. . one that I play very often is fifa 15 dont you think it would run at 4k maxed out 60fps?

Yes. It will.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB