F@H client stuck in connecting and wont run

sorry but you can't repost something. i hope your problum gets solved.  

nobody is responding so idc wat u say. until someone finds a solution. oh and your comment was useless >_<

i've had problems with this. If it's sending, you're stuck, if it's downloading, I rebooted and it worked.

One thing for if it's stuck sending, put your PC onto a mobile hotspot, worked for me

it's stuck in connecting *facepalm*

Did you change the port or IP of the pc inside FAH?

Gaming PC: CPU: i7 4770k@4.2GHz w/ CM Nepton 140xl, GPU: Gigabyte 1070 @2050, RAM: ADATA XPG V1 16GB@2133MHz, Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 7, Case: Corsair NZXT S340.

What happens exactly? Remember that you now need to go through the web interface for the 

desktop client to connect, sometimes it get's stuck and won't open properly if there are any 

leftover processes running. Go into taskmanager and end everything folding related, then open

it again from folding@home and not fah control. 

Now, if the web interface opens and won't connect that's a different matter. Could be a firewall

or anti virus program getting in the way. Add folding as an exception. 

You haven't given us anything to work with, you don't respond to the people giving you feedback or

answer their questions. Noone can help you before you help yourself by cooperating. @Colt_0pz

following your own threads is usually a good idea to keep track of things. 

You haven't given us anything to work with, you don't respond to the people giving you feedback or

answer their questions. Noone can help you before you help yourself by cooperating. @Colt_0pz

following your own threads is usually a good idea to keep track of things. 

there isn't anything to work with. It's stuck in Connecting and idk about anything else

there isn't anything to work with. It's stuck in Connecting and idk about anything else

I did post a comment earlier in the thread trying to address some possibilities, i don't know if

you have seen it or not. It seems likely that this is a firewall/anti virus issue, remember to add

folding as an exception.   

When you reinstalled the first time did configure anything other than your Username, team ID and Passkey?

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

When you reinstalled the first time did configure anything other than your Username, team ID and Passkey?

no. seems like it works now but still may wanna find a solution

no. seems like it works now but still may wanna find a solution

If it happens again delete your local config folder (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\FAHClient). The client will recreate the folder and its files next time you launch it, re enter your User ID, Team ID and passkey.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

If it happens again delete your local config folder (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\FAHClient). The client will recreate the folder and its files next time you launch it, re enter your User ID, Team ID and passkey.

thanks for the tip in case it stops working. apologies to @valdyrgramr. i was being a dick and i was just stressed out

• 4 years later...

I ran into the a similar problem on Windows 10. Although the program was allowed through the sweet, sweet windows firewall, the port was blocked. Opening port 36330 (both inbound and outbound) did the trick. After 4 days of idle, I'm finally online and ready to rock!

20 hours ago, tooitchy said:

nice necro lol

That's what I do! (Also, I'm so old and out of touch I had to look up what a neco was...)

Anyway this thread was the first almost useful thing that came up when I Googled the problem, so I figured I would add a solution in case others were in the same pickle.