Screen keeps going black

salutations

the screen just goes black have no idea what to do or how to fix it. not really sure what it could be. im not really doing anything intensive when it happens just surfing the web.

Anybody have any idea on how to go about figuring out the problem? thanks in advance 

Check monitor connections, make sure drivers are up to date.

Well once it goes black it never comes back /jk

Check your GPU drivers, try to reinstall the GPU drivers.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Please, specify - it goes black and PC restarts or just the display goes black (like the monitor doesn't work)?
If the first one there are many things to consider. Is your PC thermal throttling? Are your components ok? Do you have viruses? Are your GPU drivers ok (reinstall them to make sure)?
If the second one then, as Jeffrey said, check the cables and if the monitor is actually working well.

cables are all connected fine, currently installing the latest gpu drivers suffice it to say they were really really really old. thanks very much for the responses hopefully this helps i dont really know else to check besides seeing if the screen goes black while using the comp. this weekend i will give a much needed dust up.

@Tomek the screen went black but my rig stayed on all the lights were working just fine but ofc i wasnt doing anything with sound so i dont know if it was actually working and just my screen going black

once again thanks for the responses