capture cards?

thauolar
Go to solution Solved by thauolar,

That might work. Its defo better then connecting the monitor to your capture card.

GPU -> splitter ->capture device        -> DO!

->monitor

GPU -> capture device -> monitor     -> DONT!

now if i do this one of two things will hapon

1. the monitor and capturecard get seen as 1 monitor so automaticly duplicated and that would be the best thin.

2 the capture card gets seen as a second monitor in that case ill have to duplicate my monitor

a hobby of mine is recording gameplay and such and i was wondering if i could use a capture card to take away the h264 encording from my cpu.

the capture card would be a avermedia live gamer hd lite and the software would be OBS.

so what i was going to do was plug my videocard output into the capture card and then to the monitor or use a splitter before the capture card and plug that into my monitor, and then use the capturecard as a source for obs.

now is this a viable option or should i just get a good enough spu to handle what i want to do.

the last option i would have is to use nvidia shadowplay but i would prefer to use obs if possible

a hobby of mine is recording gameplay and such and i was wondering if i could use a capture card to take away the h264 encording from my cpu.

the capture card would be a avermedia live gamer hd lite and the software would be OBS.

so what i was going to do was plug my videocard output into the capture card and then to the monitor or use a splitter before the capture card and plug that into my monitor, and then use the capturecard as a source for obs.

now is this a viable option or should i just get a good enough spu to handle what i want to do.

the last option i would have is to use nvidia shadowplay but i would prefer to use obs if possible

You know that you are going to get input lag when having the capture card used with a splitter?

System: CPU - I5-6500 Motherboard - Asus B150M-A RAM - Crucial ballistix sport 2x4GB DDR4 @2400MHz GPU - RX 480 PSU - Seasonic S12II 520W Case - Aerocool Aero-800 HDD - Seagate 1TB SSD - PNY CS1311 120GB Monitor - AOC G2260VWQ6

You know that you are going to get input lag when having the capture card used with a splitter?

i was thinking of splitting right at the videocard and have one going to the capture card and the other to the monitor.

i was thinking of splitting right at the videocard and have one going to the capture card and the other to the monitor.

That might work. Its defo better then connecting the monitor to your capture card.

->monitor

System: CPU - I5-6500 Motherboard - Asus B150M-A RAM - Crucial ballistix sport 2x4GB DDR4 @2400MHz GPU - RX 480 PSU - Seasonic S12II 520W Case - Aerocool Aero-800 HDD - Seagate 1TB SSD - PNY CS1311 120GB Monitor - AOC G2260VWQ6

->monitor

now if i do this one of two things will hapon

1. the monitor and capturecard get seen as 1 monitor so automaticly duplicated and that would be the best thin.

2 the capture card gets seen as a second monitor in that case ill have to duplicate my monitor