Advice on how to improve my machine!

I have a few hundred bucks to upgrade my Machine. Which one of these would be the best step to upgrading my performance? Most of my computer use is linear editing (Premier Pro, After Effects).

a) get two more stix of memory (adding 16 GB of RAM) ?

b)change the RAM to DDR 4? or up the speed?  

c)upgrade my CPU to a i7 ?

d) upgrade my GPU to a higher one (GeForce 760? 770?)

e) something else that I haven't thought of...

This is what I am running now:

Asus Z97-A ATX Mother Board

i5 4690 CPU

Adata XPG 2133 V3 DDR3  8GB (x2) total 16 GB RAM speed PC3-17000 CL 10-11-11-30, 1.65V

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 2GB GPU

Thanks for any and all advice you guys ( and gals) can give me!

get i7 4790, i7 4790k for overclocking. get 32 gigs and a 970 or a 980 for the cuda

OR u can go x99 with a 5820k and like 128 gb of ram lol

Bit of a jump :P

But, I would reccomend getting a better graphics card. A 750 can't really cut it in most AAA titles today. At least not well. Get a 970, it costs about £250/~$600 and will play pretty much any AAA title at 1080p well.

But, I would reccomend getting a better graphics card. A 750 can't really cut it in most AAA titles today. At least not well. Get a 970, it costs about £250/~$600 and will play pretty much any AAA title at 1080p well.

He doesn't game much, so a r9 280 or r9 280x will be enough of a upgrade.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

dude this isnt for gaming... its for CUDA

which makes Rendering/editing Faster.......

Try 320 bucks not 600.

CPU: A10-6800k @ 4.7 Motherboard: Asus A88X-Plus RAM: Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 GB GPU: PNY GTX 660 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: 500 GB Samsung 850 Evo, 120 GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1 TB WD Blue PSU: Corsair HX750i Display(s): Asus VS248H-P Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 Keyboard: Amazon Special Mouse: Corsair Raptor M45 Sound: Amazon Special Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

dude this isnt for gaming... its for CUDA

which makes Rendering/editing Faster.......

Ah. I wasn't really reading that well :P

c or d

USD to EUD has gotten a lot closer lately.

My bad. Couldn't be arsed getting the calculator out :P I can't estimate for shit

CPU: A10-6800k @ 4.7 Motherboard: Asus A88X-Plus RAM: Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 GB GPU: PNY GTX 660 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: 500 GB Samsung 850 Evo, 120 GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1 TB WD Blue PSU: Corsair HX750i Display(s): Asus VS248H-P Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 Keyboard: Amazon Special Mouse: Corsair Raptor M45 Sound: Amazon Special Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

USD to EUD has gotten a lot closer lately.

Didn't realise. Well, now I know that it will be easier to reccomend stuff to american friends now. That might be helpful if I actually had any friends.

#4evaalone

Can always google a converter.

Thanks for the great advise!!!!!  So, the consensus as I understand it here is skip the RAM, go probably for CPU upgrade first, or a bit of a better GPU with emphasis on CUDA Cores? 

But, if I go with a better GPU first, will the i5 bottle neck the GPUs extra ability?