I'm probably getting an alienware alpha.

Go to solution Solved by BigDay,

the only game i play on my pc is league of legends with friends. Only game that gets 60 fps xD. I played xbox 360 last summer but sold it cause i didn't have enough time to play it. A ps4 seems really nice but im afraid i wont have enough time for it. But in the holidays i get bored from league and want to play something else. But my pc sucks. So i wanted a new pc. Found out that saving up 700-800 euro will take like 2 years and stopped the search for a custom pc. Then i found the alienware and its nice cause it has windows and steam. So i can play league when in school and games like gta v in vacations. And then some people say its not good and i can start over. Now maybe the alienware or the ps4. But ps4 games are pretty expensive. But it still looks nice. What i can also do is get the ps4 and pay monthly. And slowly save up for a nice gaming pc. Playing both league and ps4 games. Or i get the alienware and have a new pc + gaming. But i think i'll be dissapointed by the performance of the alienware. With the ps4 i buy a game and know i can run 100%. Any thoughts or tips?

i think you're going to be disappointed by the performance of the alienware pc. At least with PS4, you know it's going work right out of the box. I would go with a console for now and then save up for a good PC when you can.

So i've been looking for a gaming pc for a while now and found the alienware alpha. It looks and performs very well for the money. This is why i'm getting it: i can pay per month, since i don't have the money atm. It is prebuild, i don't have the time to build a pc myself. It looks good. It's small. I can take it downstairs to hook it up to the tv and play with friends. My parents are divorced so i live in two houses, i can just put it in my backpack and i'm off.

You get support. No warranty loss if you open it. It has lights, i can match them with other lights in my room. I can upgrade the cpu, ram, and put a ssd in it. Xbox controller included. Steam. I can take it to friends houses and have a lan party. Alot of people say it's a really good deal. Also i come from xbox 360. And i'm not a pixel lover (i know alot of guys here are). I'm fine with 1080p 30 fps (even 720p idc).

Does anyone have any experiences with it? And yes i know alot of these things you can get that in a custom pc. But it's 620 euro! Good deal imo

which model are you getting?

The base model. Will upgrade later with i5, 8 (eventually 16) gb ram, and ssd. But this will do for a while.

Why not build a PC for 1080p 30FPS for less money?

cause i need something small. Did you even read the post?

So build something small?

1. Don't have the time. 2. Don't have the money that's why i'm paying per month. 3. It's super hard to build something with the same size. Alienware used custom parts for this.

how much interest are they charging you each month?

i don't know yet i'm on vacation now, will be back saturday. Will check then. I already thought the custom pc builders here would say i can build it myself. OFCOURSE i CAN build it myself. I just don't want to.

i don't know yet i'm on vacation now, will be back saturday. Will check then. I already thought the custom pc builders here would say i can build it myself. OFCOURSE i CAN build it myself. I just don't want to.

it looks like a good product. give it a shot. i know nothing about it, but i read through their website a bit and i'm sure it'll work

BigDay

You are buying a Dell so arguments about value will fall on deaf ears around here. Size argument is also invalid, affordable SFF cases are out there. You can buy parts with a payment plan too.

If this is what you want, just go for it but don't try to pass it off as a good deal, especially not in the build forum lol. That's an i3 and a GPU that Dell is even afraid to name. Bad deal. 

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/194774-alienwares-knockoff-steam-machine-finally-ships-but-its-not-the-gaming-pc-youre-looking-for

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

You are buying a Dell so arguments about value will fall on deaf ears around here. Size argument is also invalid, affordable SFF cases are out there. You can buy parts with a payment plan too.

If this is what you want, just go for it but don't try to pass it off as a good deal, especially not in the build forum lol. That's an i3 and a GPU that Dell is even afraid to name. Bad deal. 

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/194774-alienwares-knockoff-steam-machine-finally-ships-but-its-not-the-gaming-pc-youre-looking-for

it's pretty much an 860m, which is like an 750 ti.

this will cost you around 674 euro:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($176.95 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.4 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($33.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: MSI H97M-E35 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($65.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($42.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 380 4GB SOC Video Card  ($229.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Silverstone PS07B MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($68.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $735.77
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-30 11:11 EDT-0400

you could look for windows online through the g2a thing or through reddit i guess... if i was on a budget i'd do that

BigDay

this will cost you around 674 euro: PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchantCPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($176.95 @ SuperBiiz)CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.4 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($33.99 @ NCIX US)Motherboard: MSI H97M-E35 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($65.98 @ Newegg)Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($42.99 @ SuperBiiz)Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.89 @ OutletPC)Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 380 4GB SOC Video Card  ($229.99 @ Amazon)Case: Silverstone PS07B MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Amazon)Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($68.99 @ SuperBiiz)Total: $735.77Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-30 11:11 EDT-0400 you could look for windows online through the g2a thing or through reddit i guess... if i was on a budget i'd do that

too big. I don't know what to do. Some people say it's great. Some say it isn't. I just don't know what to believe.

So i've been looking for a gaming pc for a while now and found the alienware alpha. It looks and performs very well for the money. This is why i'm getting it: i can pay per month, since i don't have the money atm. It is prebuild, i don't have the time to build a pc myself. It looks good. It's small. I can take it downstairs to hook it up to the tv and play with friends. My parents are divorced so i live in two houses, i can just put it in my backpack and i'm off.

You get support. No warranty loss if you open it. It has lights, i can match them with other lights in my room. I can upgrade the cpu, ram, and put a ssd in it. Xbox controller included. Steam. I can take it to friends houses and have a lan party. Alot of people say it's a really good deal. Also i come from xbox 360. And i'm not a pixel lover (i know alot of guys here are). I'm fine with 1080p 30 fps (even 720p idc).

Does anyone have any experiences with it? And yes i know alot of these things you can get that in a custom pc. But it's 620 euro! Good deal imo

So build something small?

OP already stated he doesn't have the time and he obviously wanted it for the portability and most importantly the fact that he can pay per month.

yes you could make a mitx build in something like a rvz01 or similar but its still so much bigger. i have 2 node304s and oh boy do they weigh like a ton of bricks.

SFF saves space, not give you more portability imo

i'm assuming the OP is buying the alpha on a credit card or something so he can pay in installments. if he doesn't have the money to put down all at once for a custom rig, there is no use recommending him a custom rig imo. even if if you could find a place to sell you parts in installments, OP still does not have the time nor does he wants to make the rig himself.

On topic: have you considered a mid range gaming laptop instead? you could hook it up to your tv etc and its easier to bring around

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

OP already stated he doesn't have the time and he obviously wanted it for the portability and most importantly the fact that he can pay per month.

yes you could make a mitx build in something like a rvz01 or similar but its still so much bigger. i have 2 node304s and oh boy do they weigh like a ton of bricks.

SFF saves space, not give you more portability imo

i'm assuming the OP is buying the alpha on a credit card or something so he can pay in installments. if he doesn't have the money to put down all at once for a custom rig, there is no use recommending him a custom rig imo. even if if you could find a place to sell you parts in installments, OP still does not have the time nor does he wants to make the rig himself.

On topic: have you considered a mid range gaming laptop instead? you could hook it up to your tv etc and its easier to bring around

yes i thought about that aswell, but i don't which ones are any good. Any recommendations? I plan on buying from www.mediamarkt.nl or dell for the alienware.

i just don't trust the gpu they have in that thing... they don't even name it on the website

BigDay

i just don't trust the gpu they have in that thing... they don't even name it on the website

it's custom made with nvidia... They just call it geforce gpu idk why

I linked an article for you in the previous post.

If you want it, get it but know upfront what you are getting.

Prebuilts are vultures, flying around in circles waiting for victims.

They make decent profit on these "affordable" PC's.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Have a look at the Asus GR8.

twice the price. Same specs except i7.

yes i thought about that aswell, but i don't which ones are any good. Any recommendations? I plan on buying from www.mediamarkt.nl or dell for the alienware.

hmmm on 2nd thought, i dont think your budget might allow for a decent gaming laptop. at 600 odd euro and if it really is an 860m inside it, its kinda hard to beat. if you are going to upgrade the cpu to an i5 i think it should be decent for the price.

just keep in mind that it is a prebuilt and you may face difficulties upgrading etc. if the 860m is enough for your needs for now then i guess its not a bad choice.

you might just want to wait to hear from someone who actually has one of it.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

I linked an article for you in the previous post.

If you want it, get it but know upfront what you are getting.

Prebuilts are vultures, flying around in circles waiting for victims.

They make decent profit on these "affordable" PC's.

again, some say it's great, some say it isn't. The base model can run gta v high 30+ fps. How can it be bad? I read the article btw. And this guy obviously doesn't know what he's talking about since he said upgrading your gpu later (which isn't even possible) will be hard cause some gpu's won't fit. This guy just wrote the arcticle to critize alienware.

hmmm on 2nd thought, i dont think your budget might allow for a decent gaming laptop. at 600 odd euro and if it really is an 860m inside it, its kinda hard to beat. if you are going to upgrade the cpu to an i5 i think it should be decent for the price.

just keep in mind that it is a prebuilt and you may face difficulties upgrading etc. if the 860m is enough for your needs for now then i guess its not a bad choice.

you might just want to wait to hear from someone who actually has one of it.

They're open about upgrading. They even tell you how to do it.

IMO,

op should just save his money and build a smaller form factor custom pc. it will perform better and last longer

i know you want to play pc games right away, but i would just play console until then or start going to the gym instead until you have enough money for a custom  build

when you want a custom build, come back and i'll help you out

i just can't support his decision to buy this thing

sorry

BigDay

IMO,

op should just save his money and build a smaller form factor custom pc. it will perform better and last longer

i know you want to play pc games right away, but i would just play console until then or start going to the gym instead until you have enough money for a custom  build

when you want a custom build, come back and i'll help you out

i just can't support his decision to buy this thing

sorry

yeah 400 euro ps4. Might aswell get this then...