wanting to learn more about PCs

Dimetime35c

I have a basic understanding of how PC hardware works and how to build a rig. I'm wanting to learn more and I was wondering if anyone had any particular sites or videos that you would reccomend. I'm gonna be going back to school for IT but id like to kinda get a head start on some of the topics and would also like to learn less about like the work related things and more about things that are important with gaming. I have virtually no knowledge when it comes to software but very good understanding of hardware.

just sit down with a pc (one you dont care about losing stuff on be great so u can experiment and tinker) read sites watch tech videos try stuff out

alternativly you can pay money for courses

but i bet 85% of people here are self taught from years sat on pc just using the trial and error tactic to learn stuff

Case:- 4U Rack Mount Case | Cooler:- Antec Kuhler H600 | CPU:- Intel i5 4690K @ 4.50GHz GPU:- Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB AMP! Omega Core Edition @ 1449MHz | Motherboard:- MSI Z97S SLI Krait | PSU:- XFX XTR 650W Gold | RAM:- HyperX DDR3 1866MHz 4GB White (x2) Black (x2) | Storage:- Kingston V300 120GB | Storage 2:- Seagate FireCuda 1TB | Build Log |

For software:

Find a tutorial for creating a game online, start with something simple like tic-tac-toe, then some simple AI (Chess), next move into things that are more complex like 3D rendering and networking. Those 4 things are literally the first 4 projects I had to do in college. That was 20 years ago, I expect things have gotten more complex but it at least gives you a starting point and chances are those will still be the first few projects you'll have to do.

For hardware:

If you want to have a better understanding of hardware look for free study materials related to A+ certification, it's not worth pursuing the certification itself (unless you want to work at GeekSquad, LOL) but it will broaden your knowledge of computers. I would highly recommend learning how to do some basic soldering/de-soldering as well, even if you don't plan on getting into the non-gaming side of the tech industry, it's still useful for building and modding your own gaming stuff.