Relocating Sound Card

Hi Guys!

First time poster, please be gentle  :D

So I've got a burning issue.

I've built my gaming rig, although I haven't taken into account the last minute purchase of an Asus Essence STX sound card.

Ive got an Asus X79 Sabertoooth motherboard with a Corsair Air540 case.

The issue is with the 2nd GPU is way too close to the Sound Card and i'd like to relocate the Sound Card 1 slot down, although there is no more PCI slots left on the motherboard.

Is there a piece of hardware I can use to move it to the slot down on the case and connect it with say a 90 degree riser cable?

Btw, there's not much performance difference with the blocking of the 2nd GPU as the fans are still spinning and still has clearance.

I've searched the internet and haven't been able to find any such hardware.

Hope you guys can help! Thanks in advance! :lol:

post-248458-0-18621100-1438256887_thumb.

post-248458-0-47224900-1438256899_thumb.

i think ther's a pcie expander bracket that you can use

Details separate people.

you can just screw it in there and connect it with the riser cable. the bracket should hold it since even the STX shouldnt be too heavy. to be sure you could use some rubberstandoffs to support it from the bottom. ofc there needs to be clearance so the board isnt in the way. I mean if there is some slot it will block the card especially with a riser plugged into it. also make sure to get a decent riser so you dont run into connection or communication issues.

I personally dont recommend soundcards but since you already got it I wont even start the external DAC argument.

Bitfenix Phenom M White | ASUS RoG Maximus VIII Gene | Intel i7 6700K @4.6GHz | HyperX Savage 2800MHz CL14 DDR4 16GB | EVGA GTX1080 SC | Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD 400GB | EVGA SuperNova G2 550W | Windows 10 Professional x64 | Logitech G900, Corsair K70 RGB MXbrown O-ringed, BeyerDynamic DT880 (600 Ω) on Fiio E10K & Samson Meteor | Dell U2715H 27", Samsung SyncMaster P2450H 24", Samsung SyncMaster 931BF 19" | DIY Ambilight

There are expension pci slots so maybe that is the way to go

CPU: I5 3570K@4.5 GHZ+h100 l MOBO Z77 pro4-m l GPU Evga gtx 970 sc RAM 8GB Vengance Corsair ram PSU 750 Watt Corsair Psu @Windows 10

You can either sandwich it in between the GPU's, or I think there should be an open PCIe slot below the second card.

I'd probably put the sound card at the bottom.