is waiting for skylake worth it?

As the title states is it worth the wait? when does it launch? will it be more expensive? and is it worth it? those are the qustions i have and the proccesor in question is an I5 4690K for my next upgrade also will i need a z107 board to go with it too?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Do you have any of your components?   If not, then might as well wait a week and see what the prices are.  If you already have a z97 board or something, it won't be a big enough improvement to merit the upgrade. You might see 10% improvements at the most. 

Do you have any of your components?   If not, then might as well wait a week and see what the prices are.  If you already have a z97 board or something, it won't be a big enough improvement to merit the upgrade. 

it launches next week? wow then why am i even asking this ofc il wait if thats the case, i have none of the components yet

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

The i5 6600k and the i7 6700k, along with the z170 mobos are set to launch august 5th, if I remember correctly. Not sure about the other models though. 

The i5 6600k and the i7 6700k, along with the z170 mobos are set to launch august 5th, if I remember correctly. Not sure about the other models though. 

so if i get a skylake proccesor i will need Z107 then? or is z97 good enough

Builds:

Spoiler

No, the z97 chipset is for haswell and broadwell cpus.  The z170 is needed for skylake. 

No, the z97 chipset is for haswell and broadwell cpus.  The z170 is needed for skylake. 

ok then thanks for the replyes

Builds:

Spoiler

You're welcome. Good luck choosing a cpu, although if you're just gaming then it won't too much of a difference.  Just check out the benchmarks and reviews after release, and go with the best price to performance. A 4690k is still a great choice too, but if you want the best and the newest, it'll probably be a little bit of a premium price at first.