Games and software on secondary HDD

arvark

So, I have a question, if games install in the registry and all that shit, when I do a clean re-install, how can I make every software and game work with no problems if they're not in the registers?

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

What about other softwares (Afterburner, Speedfan) and non steam games? Do I have to re-download 'em all? The only game that I don't need to reinstall is GTA V because I can just start the download, pause it, and then put the game files and it will check its integrity and It'll work with no problems.

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

What about other softwares (Afterburner, Speedfan) and non steam games? Do I have to re-download 'em all? The only game that I don't need to reinstall is GTA V because I can just start the download, pause it, and then put the game files and it will check its integrity and It'll work with no problems.

You can backup some config files from Program Data and Users/<username>/AppData/Roaming and Users/<username>/Documents. And of course the install folders which are on your OS drive. Most will work fine. But if you encounter any errors complaining abaut dlls etc, it means reinstalling or repairing with installer.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv