Tt Core x9 Problem...

Lenidar

Hey all,

I have a question for core x9 owners or moders in particular.

The core x9 has 2 removable fan mounts, 1 fan mount of my case has 4 screws with loose threads which makes them near impossible to remove.

I want to take them off as I want to paint my case, it does come with extra screws which made me think of cutting the screws off but I don't know how.

My idea is drilling the screws off(I don't have the slightest idea on how to do this).

Any other suggestions?

Processor : i7-6700k (stock speed)

Cooler : Hyper 212X

Motherboard: MSI Krait Gaming Z170

RAM : 4x4gb LPX Memory

Boot Device : Samsung 860 EVO

GPU : ZOTAC 1070 Extreme

PSU :Antec HCG-620M

Hey all,

I have a question for core x9 owners or moders in particular.

The core x9 has 2 removable fan mounts, 1 fan mount of my case has 4 screws with loose threads which makes them near impossible to remove.

I want to take them off as I want to paint my case, it does come with extra screws which made me think of cutting the screws off but I don't know how.

My idea is drilling the screws off(I don't have the slightest idea on how to do this).

Any other suggestions?

I assume you are talking about the top section that has the 4 fan mounts they are just held in place by thumb screws, unscrew it and it all comes apart:

http://www.tweaktown.com/image.php?image=imagescdn.tweaktown.com/content/6/9/6912_15_thermaltake-core-x9-atx-cube-chassis-review_full.jpg