So, I Did A Thing

EarthboundHero

A few months back I saw a post on how to make glossy plastic look brushed, and I wanted to do it really bad. Fast forward and I finally got some Brillo pads to do it.

• Product
  • Rubbing Alcohol
  • Microfiber Cloth
  • Compressed Air
  • Masking Tape
  • Brillo Pad or Sandpaper. I bought a 2-pack of Brillo Basics Heavy Duty Scour Pads at the Dollar Store.

The reason one might want to this and why I wanted to, is because while glossy plastic my look amazing when it's new, once it's out of the box it gets dirty and scratched immediately. In my case, some of the stuff had been played with by my one year old sister, and was very very gross looking.

• Clean product with micro fiber cloth, rubbing alcohol and compressed air. Use the cloth and alcohol to get any stuck on dirt and smudges, and the air to get dust and hair.

• Cover up anything you don't want scratched with masking tape.

• Pick a direction and stick with it. Go either up and down or left and right. If you change directions the final product will look awful.

• Spray with compressed air and wipe off with cloth and alcohol.

• Enjoy your freshly beautified product.

I'm sorry for no before pictures, but I didn't even think to do this thread 'till afterwards. I'll do my best to find some product pictures though. Sorry for any low-quality pictures. I was using my HTC One M8 to take them.

Before:
Tomb-Raider-Xbox-360-Controller.jpg

After:

Here is my Tomb Raider Xbox 360 controller.

Start and Back Buttons:

FLNxv0F.jpg

Bumper Buttons:

cHjXOps.jpg

Bottom Piece:

xzMpWCj.jpg

Front Together:

fLTN822.jpg

Bottom Together:

78Wo8OB.jpg

Top Together:

5tI8ylC.jpg

This was one of the very first I did, with steel wool.

Before:

61MszJk8LuL.jpg

After:

Top:

h3p6Dw0.jpg

Front:dSCFUx3.jpg

Now the Roku itself turned out decent, but the remote was awful. I couldn't get it apart because the clips were very stubborn, so I had to do my best to avoid the buttons, which I didn't do very well. These are the things my sister loves to play with, so for how dirty they were, it turned out alright.

Before:

roku-388.jpg

After:

Front:

m1clvCV.jpg

Top:

2wvRDcZ.jpg

Remote:

yZMoO2h.jpg

This is my personal favorite. I think it turned out well. I took this completely apart, and put it back together without breaking anything. It was a pretty simple process. But I just love the way this one looks.

Before:

Can't find a before, sorry about that.

After:

Logo:

eeJf579.jpg

Whole thing:

MHk1n6H.jpg

On Stand and Set-Up:

JkgdhTo.jpg

This project turned out very well for the most part. Pictures, at least these ones, really don't do it justice. And now I don't have to worry about getting fingerprints on things. If you have any thoughts or questions, go ahead and leave 'em.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.