Weird frame/audio skips when playing games etc.

This is my first post on Linus Tech Tips so bare with me,

I just upgraded to Windows 10 this afternoon and am having a few issues. When playing games, watching a stream on twitch or a video on youtube, I often get these weird frame and audio skips every 1-2 seconds that I never experienced before when using Windows 7. Although I vaguely remember it happening with windows 8 (which I only used for a very short time). Not to mention that the operating system itself seems slow on its own. Apps take a while to load, even opening things like task manager and searching using Cortana feel sluggish. When these things happen I don't have a lot of programs running. Just Skype, maybe steam and AVG. I've ran a disk clean up and a defrag already and no change arose. I'm not sure if my computer is too slow for the new OS but I doubt that could be the cause. Are these just issues that will be resolved in an update or is it something else entirely.

Thanks for the help and keep up the good work! #voteforturnip

Does it do this when listening to YT too? Or just games..

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5
I like outdoor warning sirens. Ask me anything about them.

Does it do this when listening to YT too? Or just games..

Yeah. Same for twitch, games, youtube in terms of frame AND audio skips. They also occur at the same time.

Try different headphones/speakers, if that doiesn't work, try finding out if its your computer.

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5
I like outdoor warning sirens. Ask me anything about them.

Would it help if I kept task manager open and see if my CPU is being capped out or thermal throttling? Same with disk and memory?