still waiting for windows 10............

acercon

You will wait till drivers are ready for you

Do you have a gpu?

Waves + Driver compatibly is how there doing it.

If your ballasy you can force it.

I think you can upgrade now if you download this. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @4.3GHZ COOLER: Arctic Freezer Pro 7 Rev 2  MOBO: Asus Z97-E RAM: Kingston Hyper X Black 2x4GB GPU: Soon to be EVGA 1070! Case: Fractal Define S Storage:PNY 240GB SSD, 500GB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Corsair RM650x

anyone still waiting??

I've got 2 more desktops and 2 laptops waiting for it. Only the system I'm on now has it installed. MS said it can take a few days for everyone to have it that reserved the free upgrade.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

I have it reserved but not sure on when it is OK to upgrade. Currently downloading the ISO anyway.

Current PC - CPU: 3570k stock, Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LX2, Video card: R9 290 Referance, RAM: 8GB HyperX Beast 1600Mhz @1.5v, PSU: SeaSonic Bronze 520w, Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced

I am for my Bootcamp. Though I'm not really in a hurry since I mainly use OSX. I hope all the drivers will work fine once its time to upgrade.

I'm still trying to fix 8 so I can even upgrade..

cmd= wuauclt.exe /updatenow

but might not work for everyone has windows 10 is coming out in "waves"

That's not my problem, all my updates are broken. :D

Just used the utility from Windows and trying to see if that works. But updates take so damn long to download on my pathetic connection.

I thought the insider program people were meant to get it first, but I still haven't been told that I can upgrade. 

Current PC - CPU: 3570k stock, Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LX2, Video card: R9 290 Referance, RAM: 8GB HyperX Beast 1600Mhz @1.5v, PSU: SeaSonic Bronze 520w, Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced

I thought the insider program people were meant to get it first, but I still haven't been told that I can upgrade. 

one of my win 7 laptops that had the retail key got it first, i had to force update on my desktop and win 8.1 laptop.

I forced the upgrade through the download tool.  Even made a bootable USB.  My problem is that my Windows 7 key won't activate even though I reserved with this machine.  This might be because it is either a dev key, or I had to replace my mobo after the reservation.  The OS is alright, I think I may just revert back to 7 for the time being and do a clean install when I get my new pc built.

**My 8.1 laptop got the notification that I can upgrade to Windows 10, but then it just sits there saying, "working on it..."

one of my win 7 laptops that had the retail key got it first, i had to force update on my desktop and win 8.1 laptop.

Will it be OK just to do a "fresh" install of Windows 10 over my 8.1 using my current 8.1 key. I got my key off of DreamSpark if that makes any difference. 

As I said, that's not my problem. All my updates are broken.

attachicon.gifwinup.JPG

that guide is deleting all the updates files from windows folder, then you run cmd again to download the updates

Will it be OK just to do a "fresh" install of Windows 10 over my 8.1 using my current 8.1 key. I got my key off of DreamSpark if that makes any difference. 

You have to upgrade to windows 10 first to get the key/iso then you can reinstall to get 10. Can't use a 8.1 key on Windows 10. That's like saying i want to get Office 2013 by using a 2010 key, it won't work.

that guide is deleting all the updates files from windows folder, then you run cmd again to download the updates

Saw Windows 10 update thingy and kinda ignored it....:ph34r: I also tried doing that yesterday and it didn't work. So I'm not sure what the problem is.

You have to upgrade to windows 10 first to get the key/iso then you can reinstall to get 10. Can't use a 8.1 key on Windows 10. That's like saying i want to get Office 2013 by using a 2010 key, it won't work.

Alright. Thanks for the help.