Cheapest 240GB SSD

techarmyhd
Go to solution Solved by Tim Drake,

What is the best 240gb ssd that isn't bad quality. I don't want to buy an extremely cheap one and it preform bad. I saw this on one amazon http://www.amazon.com/PNY-240GB-CS1111-internal-SSD7CS1111-240-RB/dp/B00TIJMF84/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438220785&sr=8-1 and am not sure if it will preform decently. 

As long as it isn't the V300, whatevers cheapest tbh..

What is the best 240gb ssd that isn't bad quality. I don't want to buy an extremely cheap one and it preform bad. I saw this on one amazon http://www.amazon.com/PNY-240GB-CS1111-internal-SSD7CS1111-240-RB/dp/B00TIJMF84/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438220785&sr=8-1 and am not sure if it will preform decently. 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @4.3GHZ COOLER: Arctic Freezer Pro 7 Rev 2  MOBO: Asus Z97-E RAM: Kingston Hyper X Black 2x4GB GPU: Soon to be EVGA 1070! Case: Fractal Define S Storage:PNY 240GB SSD, 500GB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Corsair RM650x

^--- True that! Get any SSD that fits your budget at 240+ GB capacities but NEVER EVER get the Kingston SSDNow V300.

Echelon Mk 2.11 

Spoiler
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-6500
  • Cooler: Cryorig H7 (With a 120 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB)
  • Motherboard: MSI B150M Bazooka Plus
  • Memory: 16 (2x8) GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury (Black)
  • Video Card: Sapphire NITRO R9 390 (Stock)
  • Storage:  1 TB Western Digital Blue
  • Power Supply: 520 W Seasonic M12II Evo (with custom extensions and cable combs)
  • Casing: NZXT S340 Elite (Matte Black)
  • Fans: 2x 120 mm & 3x 140 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB
  • Display: 22 " LG Flatron L227WTG-PF LCD (OCed to 76 Hz)
  • Keyboard: Logitech K120
  • Mouse: Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
  • Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

^--- True that! Get any SSD that fits your budget at 240+ GB capacities but NEVER EVER get the Kingston SSDNow V300.

Too be fair I have one of the non borked original revision SSDNow V300, thing is fine; its only the later revisions where they used super value dram where they got crap.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

motherfuckers be mirin

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6733/kingston-ssdnow-v300-review/2

OP V300 is a great budget SSD

Don't see where the hate is coming from

Last time I checked SSDs outperform HDDs by a lot

I use my for games because I didn't want to spend $100 on a lightning fast 120GB SSD

I'd spend a little more for my OS SSD however, because I want fast boot times. But loading screens on games don't really bother me if we're talking about a few seconds difference from the market's best consumer SSD

SNIP

You been living under a rock?

Kingston literally changed out the internals for something much shit without informing anyone thus resulting in a lot lower performance than you should get or were promised.

Also, pretty sure that review was before the change out.

motherfuckers be mirin

I use my for games because I didn't want to spend $100 on a lightning fast 120GB SSD

I'd spend a little more for my OS SSD however, because I want fast boot times. But loading screens on games don't really bother me if we're talking about a few seconds difference from the market's best consumer SSD

when the v300 first release it had good performance but they did a bait and switch and put in crappy components so its barely faster than a hard drive now

You been living under a rock?

Sandisk literally changed out the internals for something much shit without informing anyone thus resulting in a lot lower performance than you should get or were promised.

Also, pretty sure that review was before the change out.

you mean kingston? 

motherfuckers be mirin

After that and other initial reviews where published they changed the design of the SSDNow300 too use cheaper dram with write speeds that where less than 1/2 what the original where capable of. Even the read speeds took a hit; people where pissed that they did that and kept the model number that's why people still tell people not too buy them.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

A V300 is not bad as people say.If you want and it fits your cheap budget then go ahead buy it

A-Data has some seriously cheap but fast read speed SSD's.

Sandisk makes great memory devices in general

PNY is ok not bad but ok

Samsung 850 EVO is top of the line

The cheapest is usually pny/sandisk

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

A V300 is not bad as people say.If you want and it fits your cheap budget then go ahead buy it

A-Data has some seriously cheap but fast read speed SSD's.

Sandisk makes great memory devices in general

PNY is ok not bad but ok

Samsung 850 EVO is top of the line

The cheapest is usually pny/sandisk

if you dont mind 170MB/s sequential reads 

if you dont mind 170MB/s sequential reads 

Well not that bad is it?

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.