Headset or Headphones + Microphone

Hey, first time posting, but been lurking for a while. Sorry if the post feels really awkward.

I use a Razer Kraken 7.1 at the moment and it's falling to pieces. The headband is crumbling and the pads collect dandruff and oils, making them really dirty, and the ear-cups can't be removed to clean them. The mic also doesn't work all of the time. I am left with a few options: Wait until my headset breaks until I replace it, get a new headset, or use my headphones and buy a mic.

I don't want to wait until these break, as they are quite uncomfortable and getting a new pair would take a 2-3 days and I am impatient. I would like to use my headphones (Razer Adaro DJs - don't judge, got them half price) and another mic, but a decent mic seems to surpass the price of a new headset. Also, I rock back in my chair a lot, so there would be a large contrast in volumes as I rock back. As for a headset, I have been eyeing up the HyperX clouds, but I would feel guilty to have nice headphones just sitting around. I would like to use velour ear-cups as my room is rather humid. The mic also seems good on the HyperX clouds, but I doubt the sound quality is as good as my headphones.

So I ask; should I go for a Headset, or Headphones + Microphone? Are my points justified? Any experience with both set-ups? Can you recommend a good mic for a cheap price? Are velour ear-cups even worth it?

Thanks for reading my first post :)

Overall, you're going to get better audio quality from both parts by doing good headphones + separate microphone.

That being said, the HyperX Cloud headset is pretty good.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

Pull the trigger on the clouds. If you are going above that price point there are better and you will probably have to use a mod mic and a real pair of cans. The clouds are made by q pad, same ones just slightly different style.