Windows 7 Enterprise or not...

xobus1979
Go to solution Solved by EposVox,

Go to your Control Panel, "System & Security", and then "System" and it will tell you at the top which version you're running.

Generally speaking, Enterprise edition likely doesn't qualify - I know it doesn't for the manual install - since Enterprise is supposed to be deployed en masse by IT departments, not individual self-upgrades.

That being said, many people's icons disappeared, but their upgrade is still doable.

Hi all,

I have a desktop PC that a "friend of a friend" setup for me.

With the recent release of windows 10 I was wondering if there is some way to determine if I might be running windows 7 ultimate enterprise edition . I can't seem to find any definitive way to find this info out. The little icon showed up in the corner so I registered for the upgrade to windows 10 and everything seemed fine , but i just noticed that the icon is now gone. windows update still says upgrade reserved.

Then i was reading about how Enterprise users are not eligible and i started wondering if maybe that "friend" had used an Enterprise edition.

I no longer communicate with the guy anymore so i have no way of finding out what he used.

Any help or info on this would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks in advance.

Go to your Control Panel, "System & Security", and then "System" and it will tell you at the top which version you're running.

Generally speaking, Enterprise edition likely doesn't qualify - I know it doesn't for the manual install - since Enterprise is supposed to be deployed en masse by IT departments, not individual self-upgrades.

That being said, many people's icons disappeared, but their upgrade is still doable.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

windows 7 ultimate enterprise?

is this new lmao

its windows 7 ultimate

or 7 enterprise

xD

is this new lmao

its windows 7 ultimate

or 7 enterprise

xD

Yes, there is no "Ultimate Enterprise" - it's one or the other.

Yes, there is no "Ultimate Enterprise" - it's one or the other.

China 2016

Windows 10 Ultimate Enterprise edition

is this new lmao

its windows 7 ultimate

or 7 enterprise

xD

really i had no idea thats what i was wondering . i  was getting all confused on this topic.

really i had no idea thats what i was wondering . i  was getting all confused on this topic.

Follow my instructions and see what version you're running. As long as it says "Windows 10 reserved" in your updates, you're good for now.

mt9PpDt.png

Follow my instructions and see what version you're running. As long as it says "Windows 10 reserved" in your updates, you're good for now.

mt9PpDt.png

ok thats exactly what it says. i was trying to figure out how to post a pic of it but i dont use forum much and yeah it still says reserved.

ok thats exactly what it says. i was trying to figure out how to post a pic of it but i dont use forum much and yeah it still says reserved.

Then you should be fine. The icon was really only intended to tell you to sign up for the update.

Then you should be fine. The icon was really only intended to tell you to sign up for the update.

Thank you so much was just wondering because my laptop has already received the windows 10 upgrade so i got a little nervous.

Again thanks guys.

Thank you so much was just wondering because my laptop has already received the windows 10 upgrade so i got a little nervous.

Again thanks guys.

Yeah, who gets it/when is pretty random.